Carnival Pride

The speed limit for the whales was just outside the bay and only for this time of the year (migration north). The speed of Pride seemed to have followed what we experienced on Grandeur - slowed a bit at the tunnel and then sped up after inside the bay (to about 15 knots). It looks like the Pride is about to clear the low speed limit area (she's doing 10 knots) off VA Beach. Other than being about 9 hrs late (left at 2+ AM) I'd don't see any speed issues.

Huh, that's cool (about the whales).:) Do you happen to know what type of whales they are? Sperm? Humpback? Or several species?

I'm just thinking she (Pride) was going slower than usual based on the fact that she was only clocking 10 knots well inside the Bay, long after the BB&T, long after I would think such a low speed is required or normally needed. But maybe the ships always go only about ten knots there, I wouldn't know.

I'm just glad she's on her way now, hopefully to get fully repaired, and hopefully with a full load of happy passengers that will fully enjoy their modified but deeply discounted cruise.:)

huh, that's cool (about the whales).:) do you happen to know what type of whales they are? Sperm? Humpback? Or several species?

I'm just thinking she (pride) was going slower than usual based on the fact that she was only clocking 10 knots well inside the bay, long after the bb&t, long after i would think such a low speed is required or normally needed. But maybe the ships always go only about ten knots there, i wouldn't know.

i'm just glad she's on her way now, hopefully to get fully repaired, and hopefully with a full load of happy passengers that will fully enjoy their modified but deeply discounted cruise.:)

LIKE! :D ;) :D

Edited by Crusin Karen

Huh, that's cool (about the whales).:) Do you happen to know what type of whales they are? Sperm? Humpback? Or several species?

I'm just thinking she (Pride) was going slower than usual based on the fact that she was only clocking 10 knots well inside the Bay, long after the BB&T, long after I would think such a low speed is required or normally needed. But maybe the ships always go only about ten knots there, I wouldn't know.

I don't remember the Captain mentioning specific species of whale. The speed inside the bay could be affected by lots of things other than propulsion problems. The Pride is up to about 15 knots now and will likely soon be out of reporting range until she reaches Nassau.

I don't remember the Captain mentioning specific species of whale. The speed inside the bay could be affected by lots of things other than propulsion problems. The Pride is up to about 15 knots now and will likely soon be out of reporting range until she reaches Nassau.

Poor little Pride. Go. Go. Go. She hardly gets any rest. Gosh. And I'm hoping everyone agreed to let the staff get some sleep after the cabins were made up. In fact, under those special conditions, I would have told my steward to just leave the clean bedding and towels. While the steward did the bathroom I would have seen to it that everyone in my group made up their own beds. Special times call for special measures. :)

And Laura's Cruise Critic information post said Carnival offered 4/3/16 Pride passengers a full Carnival fare refund and any non refundable airfare if a passenger did not want to go on the cruise. Very fair.

We would have bitten the bullet and gone on the cruise, anyway. Heck yeah.

Edited by clearwaters

We were on this cruise. The crew is amazing. They weren't bothered by the delay. We had to be out of our cabins by 5:00 p.m. so they could be cleaned. They didn't clean the rooms at all before that but I doubt anyone minded. Whenever one was asked about it they all smiled and said it is just another day. I was really impressed with their positive attitudes.I think the people put out the most were the passengers getting on.

We were on this cruise. The crew is amazing. They weren't bothered by the delay. We had to be out of our cabins by 5:00 p.m. so they could be cleaned. They didn't clean the rooms at all before that but I doubt anyone minded. Whenever one was asked about it they all smiled and said it is just another day. I was really impressed with their positive attitudes.I think the people put out the most were the passengers getting on.

Good info, thanks for posting it. The crews on the ships are Carnival's best asset. They work hard, always have a smile and a nice word.

Edited by jimbo5544