Elation still at port 4.5 hours later

If I am not mistaken today was the last time she ported in New Orleans, she's on a Journeys cruise to aruba and a few other ports, then San Juan for another Journeys cruise then moving to her new home in Jacksonville.

She probably left late due to customs and taking on additional provisions for the 10 or 11 day cruise ahead.

Elation has been doing only 4 and 5 day sailings for the most part since she arrived in New Orleans back in 2011 or 2012.

If I am not mistaken today was the last time she ported in New Orleans, she's on a Journeys cruise to aruba and a few other ports, then San Juan for another Journeys cruise then moving to her new home in Jacksonville.

She probably left late due to customs and taking on additional provisions for the 10 or 11 day cruise ahead.

Elation has been doing only 4 and 5 day sailings for the most part since she arrived in New Orleans back in 2011 or 2012.

By the way, since you're here, THANK YOU for that fantastic overview of the sights one sees when sailing down the Mississippi from NOLA! NWACruiser posted it in another thread and was sure to give you credit for writing it. Your play-by-play timeline convinced me that I want to sail from NOLA at some point. Hopefully if my schedule and our budget permits, we will do so later this summer.

You are welcome!

I do not have a professional attachment to that river, but I do have a personal attachment. I first saw the Mississippi river when I was probably 8 on a vacation, eventually wound up living in New Orleans where I would sit on the levees for hours and watch the ships go by. The levee I watched from was right by the anchorage below Algier's point (I think they call it 9 mile), and I wanted to see how much I could pick out from the first cruise we ever went on so I made a list. Later I refined that list to include times from sailaway just so I would know when to be outside looking for the landmarks.

Be sure to share that with anyone who cruises from New Orleans, and of the things to absolutely look for, be outside for the Forts, Venice and "the jump", Cubitt's gap and the Head of Passes along with the old lighthouses on southwest pass.

Some amazing engineering and skill were used to manipulate the river in these areas and most of that history dates back to 1874 when James Eads used the flow of the river to maintain a navigable channel in South Pass.

There is quite a bit missing from that timeline that I posted because of stuff I have discovered along the way, but that will be for future posts.

And with that: Hijack over.