First Time MSC Cruise

djiles52

I am going on the Divina June 4th for the first time. I love that MSC will match other cruise lines royalty programs. But I do have a question.

I was told that the food was "European style". What the heck is that?

Thanks!!!

I am going on the Divina June 4th for the first time. I love that MSC will match other cruise lines royalty programs. But I do have a question.

Thanks!!!

You don't get huge portions. Meals aren't usually consumed in 30 mins. It's Italian so there are various pastas, not cooked the American way but I thought very good. A few varieties of seafood. They do have some staples on the menu, a chicken and usually beef dish.

The buffet will have European dishes for breakfast like baked beans, which we find odd for breakfast.

The pizza is fantastic.

Thanks!!!

The meal will not be eaten as quickly as it is in America. It is more relaxed, with smaller portions, but ample food. If you have not been to Europe just go with an open mind and enjoy a wonderful ship. It is my favorite line and I have been on them all.

The music and shows are terrific.

You don't get huge portions. Meals aren't usually consumed in 30 mins. It's Italian so there are various pastas, not cooked the American way but I thought very good. A few varieties of seafood. They do have some staples on the menu, a chicken and usually beef dish.

The buffet will have European dishes for breakfast like baked beans, which we find odd for breakfast.

The pizza is fantastic.

The have baked beans on all lines.

Baked beans cooked in the same frying pan after the bacon has been cooked is the best camping breakfast item ever! With white sliced bread to mop up the sauce! Off topic kind of!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The have baked beans on all lines.

LOL...I think they have them every meal on Princess. My brother had some on the Divina for breakfast on our December cruise. I think it is a popular breakfast food in the UK but also in the US decades ago. I suppose bean protein is a nutritious way to start your day depending on what else is added but those morning public transportation systems taking people to work are probably not all that pleasant.:D What I enjoy that I discovered on a cruise is congee for breakfast. It's comfort food. I haven't come across it on the Divina but I keep looking.

Edited by pamwinn

It's all about different experiences. Unless one stays in the box he/she will not see the other side of the travel world.

No one said you must eat the baked beans!

So much fun and excitement to see how other think/eat/live.

It's all about different experiences. Unless one stays in the box he/she will not see the other side of the travel world.

No one said you must eat the baked beans!

So much fun and excitement to see how other think/eat/live.

Yes, I agree. I enjoy checking out the ethnic corner in the back of the buffet to see if there is something new and interesting to try. I don't think most people even wander back that far. It's never very busy back in that corner. The only thing I've had that I wasn't particularly fond of (and I think this was on Princess) was deep fried boiled eggs. The weren't breaded or anything. Just boiled, peeled, and dropped in oil. I tried them because it was something I'd never heard of. I prefer boiled eggs that are not deep fried...ha.

Edited by pamwinn

Yes, I agree. I enjoy checking out the ethnic corner in the back of the buffet to see if there is something new and interesting to try. I don't think most people even wander back that far. It's never very busy back in that corner.

I will be back there next wk. on the Divina. (April 9) Never been disappointed on MSC. Way diff. than the American cruise lines and although I like them as well, I have excitement on the Italian line.

I will be back there next wk. on the Divina. (April 9) Never been disappointed on MSC. Way diff. than the American cruise lines and although I like them as well, I have excitement on the Italian line.

I'll be right there with you. Are you packed yet?:D MSC is my favorite line as well and I've been through trial by fire with the website issues.:D

can you order multiple entrees at dinner in the MDR like other lines? I've seen some of the menus and there are many enticing looking choices so I'd like to try a few, especially if portions are small and we can share.

can you order multiple entrees at dinner in the MDR like other lines? I've seen some of the menus and there are many enticing looking choices so I'd like to try a few, especially if portions are small and we can share.

We have been able to do so. You are going to be full by the time you eat all those small plates, so I'd recommend you order an extra to split unless you are very hungry. I'm bad so by day 2 of the cruise, I don't experience hunger until I return home.:o

I'll be right there with you. Are you packed yet?:D MSC is my favorite line as well and I've been through trial by fire with the website issues.:D

Suitcases still in attic, will get out Wed.

I am an organized person so I will go shopping in my closet. :)

Wow! Great info about this cruise and I can't wait! Not packed yet but looking forward to it. We live in Florida so try to cruise often. Hope to see you there

Wow! Great info about this cruise and I can't wait! Not packed yet but looking forward to it. We live in Florida so try to cruise often. Hope to see you there

Need to hit the attic tomorrow for the cases. We have a list but need to get on the stick.

See you Sat.

Note to Joybaby or pamwinn....seems like both of you will be cruising on Divina soon..When you return can you tell us if they serve lobster in the main dining room at no charge and what night was it. Or maybe you know this already. Also, any chance you can take pictures of dining room menus, since the only ones I have seen, seem to be outdated....thanks

Note to Joybaby or pamwinn....seems like both of you will be cruising on Divina soon..When you return can you tell us if they serve lobster in the main dining room at no charge and what night was it. Or maybe you know this already. Also, any chance you can take pictures of dining room menus, since the only ones I have seen, seem to be outdated....thanks

Jamon, I will be on Divina in a few days. I have a thread on the forum (first page). Post your questions there; I am compiling a list to take onboard.

I will have no internet access while onboard but plan to eat most meals in the MDR.

It looks like LMaxwell will take care of the dining room menus for you. I am going to try to do the same for Le Muse.

We have been able to do so. You are going to be full by the time you eat all those small plates, so I'd recommend you order an extra to split unless you are very hungry. I'm bad so by day 2 of the cruise, I don't experience hunger until I return home.:o

LOL, just back, I ordered 2 apps, salad, soups and always 2 entrees every night, no problem, DW and I would usually share an excellent pasta...on nights when kids weren't there, waiter would laugh and bring plates to there seats for us to share as well. Lobster night, 4 adults, everyone ate 2.. If you don't care for a dish, just ask for a new one, no problems, I have been on other lines where they frown on multiple entrees, definitely not MSC !!

LOL, just back, I ordered 2 apps, salad, soups and always 2 entrees every night, no problem, DW and I would usually share an excellent pasta...on nights when kids weren't there, waiter would laugh and bring plates to there seats for us to share as well. Lobster night, 4 adults, everyone ate 2.. If you don't care for a dish, just ask for a new one, no problems, I have been on other lines where they frown on multiple entrees, definitely not MSC !!

Haha....you are one of the hungry ones I was talking about. I snack during the day so I'm not as hungry at dinner. And they have lobster on the second formal night for good reason.:o

HaHa.. I actually didn't eat to much during the day, although I did have a few of the Patesseria delights.... We indulged ourselves in the premium more for less pkg, so all those as well as the incredible gelato and nutella crepes were included.... I am happy to announce that I went on the cruise at 185 and came home 189, I was amazed only 4 lbs...lol. If anyone is going on the Eastern Caribbean, google - old san juan 'LIMBERS' I found it on a self walking tour guide, and for .75 you get an amazing local ice treat...one of the highlights of the walking tour (ughh more food).