What's the best way to get to Warwick Long Bay?

DrivesLikeMario

Any advice on which transportation to take?

BUS: I know bus #7 goes by Warwick Long Bay, but what stop do we get off if we choose to go by bus? I hear there are 2 stops. Do we have a long walk after getting off the bus?

TAXI: Pretty expensive, but I think we can count on the taxi to pick us up when we're done at the beach.

FERRY: The pink line goes to Warwick. Would it be better to take the ferry there, then get a taxi to the beach? Are taxis plentiful there?

We just want to get away from the crowds and don't care about services. Just need sand and water. ;) Thanks in advance for the help! :)

bus: route #7 bus and ask driver to drop you at the stop closest to the Warwick access road.

taxi: fare for 4 passengers about $33.00 plus tip, Monday to Saturday travel. I don't think that there will be a waiting taxi for you unless you asked the taxi driver that took you to return in X hours.

ferry: no, you are just complicating the trip.

I assumed you are coming from the Dockyard; if Hamilton taxi fare would be less, all else the same.

SBtS

Yes, you assume correctly - King's Wharf.

Thanks for the info. Taxi rate is better than I expected. There will only be 2 of us though but I'm assuming the rate is the same for up to 4 people.

Do you know if it's a long walk from the bus to the beach at Warwick?

Yes, you assume correctly - King's Wharf.

Thanks for the info. Taxi rate is better than I expected. There will only be 2 of us though but I'm assuming the rate is the same for up to 4 people.

Do you know if it's a long walk from the bus to the beach at Warwick?

You assumed correctly on the taxi fare. The distance from the bus stop to the beach is about .1 mile, and the access road to the beach is paved.

SBtS

$33 sounds like an estimate based on fares In effect before the last rate increase in 2014. I think you'll find the fare will be closer to $40.

These are the rates I used:

Taxi%20fare%202014.jpg

The mileage from Google maps from the North Arm, Dockyard to the end of the access road to Warwick Beach is 10.5 miles; fare s/b $34.00

SBtS

These are the rates I used:

Taxi%20fare%202014.jpg

The mileage from Google maps from the North Arm, Dockyard to the end of the access road to Warwick Beach is 10.5 miles; fare s/b $34.00

SBtS

Mileage isn't the only component of metered taxi fares. When the taxi isn't moving the meter is still advancing at a prescribed rate. I'm not at home so I don't have access to the link, but in 2014 after the taxi fares were raised, Charles 4515 posted a picture of the taxi fare estimate sign at Dockyard, and that is what I base my estimates on.

In any event your way of estimating fares will result in an underestimate almost every time.

Mileage isn't the only component of metered taxi fares. When the taxi isn't moving the meter is still advancing at a prescribed rate. I'm not at home so I don't have access to the link, but in 2014 after the taxi fares were raised, Charles 4515 posted a picture of the taxi fare estimate sign at Dockyard, and that is what I base my estimates on.

In any event your way of estimating fares will result in an underestimate almost every time.

I found Charles4515 picture of the fares, thanks. I will use that in the future for fares from the Dockyard, but will add "estimate does not include any delays en route.

SBtS

I found Charles4515 picture of the fares, thanks. I will use that in the future for fares from the Dockyard, but will add "estimate does not include any delays en route.

SBtS

Now that I'm back on my home computer and have access to the file, I've realized that my memory failed me and I overstated the approximate fare. I should have said $36 rather than $40.

If we do the taxi, I'll just budget $40 and hope that it's closer to $36 one way (plus tip of course).

Still on the fence about whether we should take the bus or a taxi. I hate crowds. Is the bus really packed and the crowds super heavy on the first day in Bermuda with 2 ships in port? Is there a massive line to get on the #7 bus in the morning?

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

If you go early, you will be fine on the bus. There are a lot of people, but there are also a lot of buses at that time. And, coming back there were no crowds at all. I only went there once. So, please someone correct me if I am wrong - but doesn't the bus pick up at Warwick before Horseshoe?

If we do the taxi, I'll just budget $40 and hope that it's closer to $36 one way (plus tip of course).

Still on the fence about whether we should take the bus or a taxi. I hate crowds. Is the bus really packed and the crowds super heavy on the first day in Bermuda with 2 ships in port? Is there a massive line to get on the #7 bus in the morning?

With two ships in port there will definitely be lines for the #7 bus in the morning .

If you go early, you will be fine on the bus. There are a lot of people, but there are also a lot of buses at that time. And, coming back there were no crowds at all. I only went there once. So, please someone correct me if I am wrong - but doesn't the bus pick up at Warwick before Horseshoe?

Yes, the return #7 local bus picks up at Warwick before Horseshoe, but the express "special" buses start at Horseshoe, so you lose the benefit of those additional buses by returning from Warwick Long Bay.