Self Debarkation?

vicocala

Hi, on another thread it showed everyone was to be out of their room and a picture of the daily was shown. I saw nothing about self-assist in debarking the ship, is it available?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, on another thread it showed everyone was to be out of their room and a picture of the daily was shown. I saw nothing about self-assist in debarking the ship, is it available?

Yes, this is available. You have to fill in a form before day 5 of your cruise (form from reception) and you'll be able to walk off the ship with baggage in hand. Its simple and means you're one of the first off

Stu

We did self-assist this past Saturday - we were in the Group 1 - went to deck 7 at 6:45 a.m. and were off this ship immediately! Made it to Ft. Lauderdale for a 9:30 a.m. flight home! (was able to switch to an earlier flight)

Flew thru customs too!

I had one bad exp. on the Poesia, did not get off until 10 - something about clearance. Everyone was itchy, but it is what it is. I have done other MSC cruises and got off quickly. I don't fault the cruise line for this, but it is frustrating to sit in a lounge for hours. It does happen. All part of traveling.

Standing in air port lines in Paris for 5 hours, oh yes, I do remember that one.

And then a call (prior to cell/texting days) that our flight was delayed by 24 hours. It all goes with traveling, have to roll with the punches.

Thanks everyone! Kind of strange they need a form for it, but it works! All of my other cruises (except my first, that was enough, thanks!) we have done self assist or concierge assist.

The reason for the form is so they can assign you the correct luggage tags! Hope this helps!

We did self debarkation last Saturday as well. I have one piece of advice though...

I made the mistake of assuming my card used for on board purchases would be automatically charged for my remaining balance and that was not the case. Myself and family were stopped at the final point of leaving the ship and directed to a cashier to swipe our card again to pay the balance.

My mistake for assuming that would be taken care of automatically (I even went to guest services the night before to check the balance and just assumed they would charge the card I used previously ). At guest services is when I should have settled it. I just don't recall it being handled this way on other lines and many others were being called out as well, otherwise debarkation flowed pretty fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why do I need luggage tags if I am carrying off my own bags? :confused:

They issue you the luggage tags to show at the gangway to prove that you did in fact sign up for self-assist. Those that did not sign up but later try to do it cause issues. Mainly with CBP that were told 600 may be disembarking early then 1000 show up.

Not saying you may not be able to sneak through but every time there has been someone there on my cruises checking for the proper color luggage tags.

Bret

It's quite simple. On day 2 you'll get a self disembarkation form. Fill it out and drop it off at guest services. They earlier you drop

Off during the cruise, the earlier your disembarkation. They need an idea of how many people because you meet in a lounge first.

All self disembarkation were given white tags but there was white, white 1, and white 2. White met in theatre at 6:45. White 1 met in black and white at 6:45. White 2 met in theater at 7:00 am

It was a super easy disembarkation. Took me 20 minutes from elevator to cab :)

Thanks everyone, it sure sounds complicated to get on and off the ship. I hope they are clear with their instructions as the don't appear to follow the procedures the other major lines have.

At least with everything being new it should be an interesting experience. As my signature says I'll keep my expectations low and have fun.