Up-Sell e-mail just received for BA

Lady Arwen

Up-sell is for BA May 8th to Bermuda. We have an aft balcony (B1) currently booked and could have a Haven Penthouse for $1000.00 per person (U.S. $).

This would equate to about $2500.00 total in Canadian. Think I'll wait for another week or two to see if there's a better offer on the table. I'd would hate to lose my huge aft balcony, though. The Haven Penthouse balcony is quite small.

Luved my B1's on my last two BA cruises. I too was offered upgrades but glad I stayed where I was!! I also have a B1 on the Gem in May!! Enjoy!

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. Very hard to give up the aft, although I realise that The Haven is quite amazing in itself, even with a small balcony.

If you choose the aft penthouse suit you will have a larger balcony and have all the haven perks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, the aft penthouses suites are sold out and not offered for up-sell....sigh!

I personally wouldn't take that deal, but at $500 pp it would be tempting for me. Even then, I will have my first aft in June, I would have to consider giving it up, it wouldn't be an easy decision.

I would have to take a $500.00/person offer seriously.

Didn't NCL proudly announced about a year ago, that it will no longer discount staterooms last minute as before, and that advanced bookings are way ahead of projected targets, and, that they are attracting lots of newbies willing & prepared to paid for an upscale product, etc.

This is one of the many posts recently about the Upsell Fairy working overtime offering deals & specials, even doing emails - something that was seldom done before as it was exclusively by telephone calls only, once upon a time ...

This is approaching the busier, high summer cruise season ... so, even the BA is not selling out completely.

For that kind of money, we could easily do another milky run - X and CCL also bombing our Inbox with last minute specials, pretty interesting to watch on the sideline.

Didn't NCL proudly announced about a year ago, that it will no longer discount staterooms last minute as before, and that advanced bookings are way ahead of projected targets, and, that they are attracting lots of newbies willing & prepared to paid for an upscale product, etc.

This is one of the many posts recently about the Upsell Fairy working overtime offering deals & specials, even doing emails - something that was seldom done before as it was exclusively by telephone calls only, once upon a time ...

This is approaching the busier, high summer cruise season ... so, even the BA is not selling out completely.

For that kind of money, we could easily do another milky run - X and CCL also bombing our Inbox with last minute specials, pretty interesting to watch on the sideline.

I wouldn't call May 8 the high summer cruise season.

And it does seem, at least for the cruises I've looked at, that when they do offer last-minute specials to non-bookers, it's only a lower price if you book a guarantee room and you don't get the "Free at Sea" promos. If you do pick a room with a promo, the price hasn't changed significantly from the prices I saw last year.

I suppose offering upsells could be seen as the type of discounting they're avoiding, but it seems more to me like squeezing more dollars from already-paying customers and freeing up cheaper rooms that are more likely to be sold at the last minute.

I am booked on my 12th NCL cruise for May 8th on the DAWN. Its a 10 day cruise. I received my first UPSELL offer today and took it. I had been calling once a week and was thrilled to see the e-mail. When you speak with them you may be able to get it for a bit cheaper. We were in a balcony on deck 9 and were able to upsell to a family suite with balcony (SD) for $400 pp. I probably could have waited a couple of weeks and been able to get the suite for less, but I wanted to book a suite when we originally booked, but the SF suites were going for about $2600 PP.

Good luck to all that want to upsell!!

We are long time Celebrity cruisers. This is our first NCL in many, many years. We decided to take the plunge because of price. At the time, about 1 year ago, NCL's price for Canadians was exceptional and Celebrity Summit was considerably higher. This cruise is all about the destination - Bermuda, so not really concerned about the differences.

In all the years we've been sailing Celebrity, only on very rare occasions have we been offered an upgrade/upsell. It seems that even the suites all sell out very quickly and not much, if any, inventory is left close to sailing.

I, too, am surprised at the number of upsells offered by NCL starting about 4 weeks prior to sailing and up to only 3-4 days before. I think that The Haven is just grossly overpriced to begin with and everyone just waits to get their chance at an upsell at a price that it should have been in the first place.

What sort of subject line do they use in the upsell e-mails?

I don't want to miss a potentially intriguing upsell offer because it's lost in a sea of promotional e-mails. Maybe if I set a special filter for the right subject line, I can avoid missing a good deal. :cool:

We are long time Celebrity cruisers. This is our first NCL in many, many years. We decided to take the plunge because of price. At the time, about 1 year ago, NCL's price for Canadians was exceptional and Celebrity Summit was considerably higher. This cruise is all about the destination - Bermuda, so not really concerned about the differences.

In all the years we've been sailing Celebrity, only on very rare occasions have we been offered an upgrade/upsell. It seems that even the suites all sell out very quickly and not much, if any, inventory is left close to sailing.

I, too, am surprised at the number of upsells offered by NCL starting about 4 weeks prior to sailing and up to only 3-4 days before. I think that The Haven is just grossly overpriced to begin with and everyone just waits to get their chance at an upsell at a price that it should have been in the first place.

I completely agree with this. I loved the haven but it is totally overpriced for what you get and I doubt many are willing to pay full retail for it.

Up-sell is for BA May 8th to Bermuda. We have an aft balcony (B1) currently booked and could have a Haven Penthouse for $1000.00 per person (U.S. $).

This would equate to about $2500.00 total in Canadian. Think I'll wait for another week or two to see if there's a better offer on the table. I'd would hate to lose my huge aft balcony, though. The Haven Penthouse balcony is quite small.

I have read here on cc that several people have countered the offer they quote you. There is a thread here that someone started and they would call every day. I think it was the week before they sailed and got a great price for a cabin. He had counter offered them and they accepted the offer.

I have read here on cc that several people have countered the offer they quote you. There is a thread here that someone started and they would call every day. I think it was the week before they sailed and got a great price for a cabin. He had counter offered them and they accepted the offer.

I'll call them next week. Honestly, if it's more than $500.00 per person, I'm not interested. Our aft cabin is very nice, so I won't be unhappy if I can't get into The Haven.

I offered a lower price than was offered and it was accepted. The offer came 30 days out, I really wanted the SD on the DAWN and was able to get it for $400pp.

Hi,

We are on Jade from 2nd May for three cruises. Although we have cruised on many lines, we have never been offered an upsell! I am wondering if we are likely to receive one or if the fact that we are doing three back to back would prevent this. I would love a suite!! Any advice here please?

Hi,

We are on Jade from 2nd May for three cruises. Although we have cruised on many lines, we have never been offered an upsell! I am wondering if we are likely to receive one or if the fact that we are doing three back to back would prevent this. I would love a suite!! Any advice here please?

Do you currently have the same room for all three weeks? Don't know if that will make a difference, the worst they can do is say no, just have your ressie number when you call.

1-800-625-4309, you may have to try a couple of times. Sometimes the phone would keep ringing....Call and ask them if they have any upsells available for your cruise.

Good luck!