Laundry Room on Rotterdam

Dietemann

Just finished research on this and the last post was from 2010. Can someone please tell me if there is a laundry room on the Rotterdam and does HAL still supply detergent? Is there a charge for using washers/dryers?

Last I knew, there was at least one self-service laundry on the Rotterdam. I would think if that had changed I would have read about it on this forum.

Yes, detergent is supplied. It cost $2.00 to wash, and $1.00 to dry (or reverse; I never could keep that straight). You need to use quarters, which can be obtained at the Front Desk.

I have not been on Rotterdam, but her sister ships had 2 laundries, one on a lower deck and one on a higher deck. I always found the higher deck laundries less used, less crowed; I speculate that the higher decks have more passengers who get laundry perks so there is less pressure on the self-service facility. And with the elevator it was a cinch.

Bring your own dryer sheets. m--

Hi, I just got off Rotterdam and they had a lot of trouble with the detergent dispensing. You press a button(once) and it supposedly drops the detergent in. One lady even watched it and could see it run in but it was only water. Her clothes did not clean properly due to no detergent. It was the second time so she screamed until they gave her the money back to do them again.

In the end they put a container by the machine to scoop your own in.

I'd bring my own. I get the little capsules that you just drop in, easy to carry.

Rotterdam is getting very old and had a lot of air conditioning problems too. The ship was half full, which was just as well because people were moving rooms constantly.

Wow, doesn't sound too good about cabins and ship, especially since we are booked for 42 days in October. Laundry would be manageable, air more of a problem. Of course ours would be more of a cool weather cruise. Thanks for adding your comments.