Waitlisted for dinner in the MDR

Avril

I just booked the 2nd 1/2 of my B2B on the Vista and am waitlisted for Late Seating dinner. Mom and I always get late dinner and wouldn't be happy to get stuck with Early (which is way too early for us) or Anytime (we like having the same tablemates and waiters/waitresses for the whole cruise). How likely are we to get late seating and what can we do (if anything) if we don't? I've never been in this situation before. We're both Platinum if that helps.

I just booked the 2nd 1/2 of my B2B on the Vista and am waitlisted for Late Seating dinner. Mom and I always get late dinner and wouldn't be happy to get stuck with Early (which is way too early for us) or Anytime (we like having the same tablemates and waiters/waitresses for the whole cruise). How likely are we to get late seating and what can we do (if anything) if we don't? I've never been in this situation before. We're both Platinum if that helps.

When they start taking people off the wait list, you will be part of the second group, as only Diamonds have higher priority than Platinum.

I'm platinum and I always get waitlisted for my preference because I book late. I have never been denied my preference. Platinum has priority after Diamonds, so you should be okay. Just keep watching it online.

if you haven't been assigned to what you wanted (especially since it's B2B) within a couple of weeks of your departure I would email the maitre'd with your dilemma. Doing so allows the change to be printed on your card at checkin.

Carnival Ship Codes

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

I'm platinum and I always get waitlisted for my preference because I book late. I have never been denied my preference. Platinum has priority after Diamonds, so you should be okay. Just keep watching it online.

Really? I've been Platinum since 2010 and have never been waitlisted (never was wait listed before I was Platinum either). We also usually book our cruises a lot closer to the sail date than this as well. I guess we've just been lucky. Or maybe it's because it's the Vista and a lot of people are booking it. Ok, thanks. I will keep checking and I hope we'll be ok!! :D

if you haven't been assigned to what you wanted (especially since it's B2B) within a couple of weeks of your departure I would email the maitre'd with your dilemma. Doing so allows the change to be printed on your card at checkin.

Carnival Ship Codes

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

A couple of weeks before I'll be on the ship (the 1st half of the B2B is a 13 day Transatlantic). Maybe I can go talk to the Maitre'D in person during the 1st cruise? Thanks for the email address though, I'm sure it'll come in handy at some point!! :D

A couple of weeks before I'll be on the ship (the 1st half of the B2B is a 13 day Transatlantic). Maybe I can go talk to the Maitre'D in person during the 1st cruise? Thanks for the email address though, I'm sure it'll come in handy at some point!! :D

sounds like a plan if the waitlist is the 2nd part.

LOL .. I post this ship email list periodically in hopes it will help anyone that needs it.

Avril, Ken Burns is the Vista Maitre'd and is currently on vacation, as he recently left the Pride. I sailed the Pride a lot the past several years and always book sort of late, causing my MDR dining time choice to be waitlisted. Ken always seemed to immediately take care of the Platinum waitlisted pax. It was always changed to confirmed the day after booking.

I'm sailing Pride April 15th and just booked the week before Ken left (earlier this month). I figured out that he left the waitlisted times for the new maitre'd to handle, as he wont be on that ship and in charge of the MDR. My waitlisted status never changed for two weeks and I like to see that change online prior to the cruise. So, I emailed the maitre' d and it was handled in a couple of days.

I seriously think that Ken will change your waitlisted status once he gets on the Vista and sorts through is emails.

Have fun sailing the Vista for that many days! Exciting. Ken Burns is the best entertainment on Carnival. I'll miss him on the Pride.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carnival Ship Codes

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

I wouldn't worry about what's printed on your S&S card. If your dining room preference is confirmed near the time your card is printed, the information will be in the system when you show up for dinner. If you think about it, the dining room person never asks for your card, but only wants to know your cabin number. From that, they look up your information when you present for a table in the dining room. And yes, I speak from recent experience with this.

Best wishes! Enjoy your cruise.

If you think about it, the dining room person never asks for your card, but only wants to know your cabin number.

I was just thinking about this on my cruise on the Miracle a couple of weeks back. Every night they greeted us in the hallway right outside the dining room and asked to see our cards. Some nights they would then direct us to the line where they ask for your room# at the podium, while other nights they then asked for our room # right there, wrote it down, and gave a table# to the hostess (not even using the check-in podium.)

It felt kind of strange instead of just trusting us. This was YTD, however.

sounds like a plan if the waitlist is the 2nd part.

LOL .. I post this ship email list periodically in hopes it will help anyone that needs it.

Yes, the waitlist is the 2nd part. If nothing changes before we leave, I'll see if I can talk to him onboard at some point during the 1st cruise.

The list is very helpful, thanks!! :D

Avril, Ken Burns is the Vista Maitre'd and is currently on vacation, as he recently left the Pride. I sailed the Pride a lot the past several years and always book sort of late, causing my MDR dining time choice to be waitlisted. Ken always seemed to immediately take care of the Platinum waitlisted pax. It was always changed to confirmed the day after booking.

I'm sailing Pride April 15th and just booked the week before Ken left (earlier this month). I figured out that he left the waitlisted times for the new maitre'd to handle, as he wont be on that ship and in charge of the MDR. My waitlisted status never changed for two weeks and I like to see that change online prior to the cruise. So, I emailed the maitre' d and it was handled in a couple of days.

I seriously think that Ken will change your waitlisted status once he gets on the Vista and sorts through is emails.

Have fun sailing the Vista for that many days! Exciting. Ken Burns is the best entertainment on Carnival. I'll miss him on the Pride.

Thanks so much!! :D I'm actually friends with Ken on Facebook so I know him well, he is awesome. I didn't know he was going to be on Vista, that's great. I'll keep an eye on my booking after the Vista sails on May 1st and see if it changes. I was on a cruise once with him as the Maitre'D but I can't remember what ship it was.

Just curious (in case I have to do the same thing), what did you say in your email to the Pride Maitre'D to get your dining time confirmed? Just wonder how to best explain the problem to him/her and ask to be confirmed.

Thanks!! I'm sure we'll have a blast. It'll be my longest cruise so far (the 2 cruises together are 24 days), can't wait!! :D

I was just thinking about this on my cruise on the Miracle a couple of weeks back. Every night they greeted us in the hallway right outside the dining room and asked to see our cards. Some nights they would then direct us to the line where they ask for your room# at the podium, while other nights they then asked for our room # right there, wrote it down, and gave a table# to the hostess (not even using the check-in podium.)

It felt kind of strange instead of just trusting us. This was YTD, however.

just trusting? LOL

Yes, the waitlist is the 2nd part. If nothing changes before we leave, I'll see if I can talk to him onboard at some point during the 1st cruise.

The list is very helpful, thanks!! :D

Thanks so much!! :D I'm actually friends with Ken on Facebook so I know him well, he is awesome. I didn't know he was going to be on Vista, that's great. I'll keep an eye on my booking after the Vista sails on May 1st and see if it changes. I was on a cruise once with him as the Maitre'D but I can't remember what ship it was.

Just curious (in case I have to do the same thing), what did you say in your email to the Pride Maitre'D to get your dining time confirmed? Just wonder how to best explain the problem to him/her and ask to be confirmed.

Thanks!! I'm sure we'll have a blast. It'll be my longest cruise so far (the 2 cruises together are 24 days), can't wait!! :D

I just indicated in the email that I was awaiting my "waitlisted" MDR time to change to "confirmed". And that I realized they were very busy due to the maitre'd change, but I would appreciate it they could look into confirming my request, if possible. And I thanked them.

I know it's a silly thing to want my MDR time changed as soon as possible, but I like to look in my cruise manager online and see everything in order. I'm OCD like that. I've became a fan of ATD when just cruising with DH. I like late dining when cruising with more than just us.

I actually had the NYC Vista November sailing booked since last summer, but recently had to change it due to DH's work conflict. :(

You have the best cruise director in Matt Mitchum (he's so cute he makes your eyes water) and the best maitre'd in Ken Byrne in the Vista. I'm so jelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app