Sanctuary: Caribbean Princess

love2shell

Hi all,

Considering paying for access to the Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess. Has anyone done this? Is it quiet? Is it crowded? Any tips/advice?

Considering it as we are looking for peace, quiet, and an escape from large crowds.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Considering paying for access to the Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess. Has anyone done this? Is it quiet? Is it crowded? Any tips/advice?

Considering it as we are looking for peace, quiet, and an escape from large crowds.

Thanks in advance!

You cannot sign up in advance -- only if you are at a certain level.

I personally don't think it's worth the money.

But others may differ.

I never had a problem finding a quiet spot .

But look at other posts about using the Sanctuary

To me the Sanctuary is worth every penny. It's not crowded because it is capacity controlled. You will want to go to the Sanctuary as soon as you board to inquire about cruise duration passes or a daily (Either half or full day) availability. It fills up fast.

I love the Sanctuary on Caribbean Princess! We book an oceanview cabin and then get our chairs in The Sanctuary to enjoy the outdoors. There aren't many chairs in the shade throughout the ship, so we love spending our time there. We feel it's worth it!

It might depend on what your itinerary is. On the Sapphire Princess in Alaska hardly anyone used the Sanctuary. A friend of mine did a Princess ship in the Caribbean and she said the Sanctuary saved her sanity as there were some really unruly kids that ran all over the ship. We are doing the Caribbean Princess for the British Isles in July and I can't imagine needing it as out of 12 nights we only have two at sea days due to the itinerary being very port intensive.

I agree with the posters here who have positive things to say about the Sanctuary experience.

The loungers are very comfortable,it is a quiet place where people respect the peacefulness by not talking loudly , the staff (in our experiences) are considerate and helpful and the afternoon tea service is very enjoyable.

I do agree that booking the Sanctuary can be affected by the itinerary.

For example, my DH and I are booked on a repo cruise from NY to Ft. Lauderdale via some Caribbean islands next October.

We will be booking the Sanctuary for sea days on that cruise because of the warmer climate.

We are thinking about a cruise from Quebec through New England to NY for Oct.2017.

Because that cruise is port intensive and the temperatures will be cool, I do not plan on reserving the Sanctuary during that cruise.

You can reserve places in the Sanctuary when you board the ship.

Suite passengers, Elite and Platinum level passengers get priority boarding.

In this way, those level passengers may get reservations ahead of other passengers.

If you are really interested in booking the Sanctuary,I would suggest that you arrive at the terminal as early as possible so that you are in a good position for timely boarding.

Once onboard,go directly to the Sanctuary and inquire about availability.

What is the current fee for the Sanctuary on CB? Since this will be our first Princess Cruise and would reserve this upon boarding, is it possible to book for multiple days and then if we decide it's not for us can we cancel the remaining days? Thanks in advance!

What is the current fee for the Sanctuary on CB? Thanks in advance!

$20/half day morning or afternoon. $40/full day. $30/full day if you book for the entire cruise, port and sea days. Don't know about cancellations.

It might depend on what your itinerary is. On the Sapphire Princess in Alaska hardly anyone used the Sanctuary. A friend of mine did a Princess ship in the Caribbean and she said the Sanctuary saved her sanity as there were some really unruly kids that ran all over the ship. We are doing the Caribbean Princess for the British Isles in July and I can't imagine needing it as out of 12 nights we only have two at sea days due to the itinerary being very port intensive.

My wife and I are on the Caribbean Princess on July 7, the cruise before yours but probably with the same itinerary. It's not just that there are only 2 sea days but that the ship will be cruising off the coast of Scotland for all of the first sea day and part of the second. We who are used to Florida are not likely to spend much time sitting in the sun that far north!

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

I think it depends on the time of year... we were on the Caribbean Princess (Western Caribbean) in January and it was completely empty for two weeks. It was cold and very windy, we went our first day because we usually love it. We used two blankets and were still cold. Check the temperature and weather... it was a waste of money that day.