Document everything and get it in writing!

I am so tired of Carnival not honoring or being responsible for what shows up on their website! Booked a lido balcony online. At the time of booking a message popped up that said the cabin qualified for spa use\access. I called a Carnival rep. and she verified the same message. I didn't think to screen shot to save for later and now they are saying that cabin would never have that...blaming it on a "technical issue". While I will take my cruise in May, I am tired of Carnival's marketing games. I have learned....buyer beware! Get screenshots and request and print all email documentation! Just trying to help out first time cruisers!

I am so tired of Carnival not honoring or being responsible for what shows up on their website! Booked a lido balcony online. At the time of booking a message popped up that said the cabin qualified for spa use\access. I called a Carnival rep. and she verified the same message. I didn't think to screen shot to save for later and now they are saying that cabin would never have that...blaming it on a "technical issue". While I will take my cruise in May, I am tired of Carnival's marketing games. I have learned....buyer beware! Get screenshots and request and print all email documentation! Just trying to help out first time cruisers!

Sorry you think you were misled by the website, but they have that covered in the terms of use. They do not have to honor any website error.

Next time I would pick up the telephone and call to book.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I booked a spa balcony cabin and didn't get that kind of pop up. That does sound like a glitch. If you weren't booking a spa balcony cabin then it doesn't qualify for spa access. You are mad cause they won't give you something you didn't pay for.

I booked a spa balcony cabin and didn't get that kind of pop up. That does sound like a glitch. If you weren't booking a spa balcony cabin then it doesn't qualify for spa access. You are mad cause they won't give you something you didn't pay for.

Wow, I guess if it happened to you it would still be OK? Because it's Carnival?

Someone posts what happened to them, gives a warning about it -DID not see any mention of wanting anything for it, although the did call in and were told it was correct - yet everyone is "oh well it's your fault"...

NO, the dang website should work, it should not deceive, period. Not be a problem... simple.

Edited by bobsfamily

Very easy way to resolve this. If the OP pulls up a deck plan and the room in question is categorized as a spa cabin, then they will have spa amenities. If it's not then either the OP was mistaken or yes there was a glitch. Either way, Carnival will not give spa access to a non spa cabin as part of the cabin's features. And I can't imagine a glitch that would screw with the cabin categories. Sometimes people book on the spa deck thinking every room up there is a spa cabin, but that's not the case. The OP needs to look at the deck plan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very easy way to resolve this. If the OP pulls up a deck plan and the room in question is categorized as a spa cabin, then they will have spa amenities. If it's not then either the OP was mistaken or yes there was a glitch. Either way, Carnival will not give spa access to a non spa cabin as part of the cabin's features. And I can't imagine a glitch that would screw with the cabin categories. Sometimes people book on the spa deck thinking every room up there is a spa cabin, but that's not the case. The OP needs to look at the deck plan.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You would also think the OP would have called to ask the question...oh wait, they did and were told it was correct...

I agree that the website should be correct and the customer service response should be dependable. So I also agree that since you can not depend on accuracy at those levels - you should get screen shots, names, ID number, and possibly even record the calls. Which is what the OP was advising.

You would also think the OP would have called to ask the question...oh wait, they did and were told it was correct...

I agree that the website should be correct and the customer service response should be dependable. So I also agree that since you can not depend on accuracy at those levels - you should get screen shots, names, ID number, and possibly even record the calls. Which is what the OP was advising.

As I pointed out, screen shots will not help if it is a website error. They do not have to approve anything that was in error.

I agree, the web site should work, but I will bet any website you make a purchase on has the same wording in the terms of service. If it is a website error, they do not have to honor it. Some will, some won't. I have never heard of carnival honoring one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can imagine looking forward to all of the great things you thought you'd purchased, that the telephone rep said you'd purchased ... but I cannot imagine finding out that none of that was true.

I hope your cruise is a great one anyway!

Screen shots have no bearing on this, because if it was a website glitch, then Carnival takes no responsibility for those type of errors. If the OP booked a spa cabin as categorized on the deck plan, that's all he or she needs. Asking if a room is "qualified" for spa access is not the same as asking if it's a spa cabin. I can book a room anywhere on the ship and buy a spa pass.

This is different from a price drop or sale price - fluid things that can change from one minute to the next where a screen shot and reps name would be useful. But the cabin category is the cabin category. Either they booked a spa cabin or they didn't. The advice is fine but I suggest that people always look at the deck plans first. JMO.

Screen shots have no bearing on this, because if it was a website glitch, then Carnival takes no responsibility for those type of errors. If the OP booked a spa cabin as categorized on the deck plan, that's all he or she needs. Asking if a room is "qualified" for spa access is not the same as asking if it's a spa cabin. I can book a room anywhere on the ship and buy a spa pass.

This is different from a price drop or sale price - fluid things that can change from one minute to the next where a screen shot and reps name would be useful. But the cabin category is the cabin category. Either they booked a spa cabin or they didn't. The advice is fine but I suggest that people always look at the deck plans first. JMO.

oh never-mind, not worth the trouble.

Edited by bobsfamily

I disagree with your view of the motive. It sounded to me that the OP was miffed because the company's web site promised then did not deliver what was promised. And as for "website gliches" ... that's a bunch of crap. Companies of the size and financial standing as CCL should have their websites work correctly ... period. IMHO

oh never-mind, not worth the trouble.

Yes nevermind.

Other people have already pointed out the cover regarding website glitches. And in re-reading the OPs post, they said they booked a balcony cabin on the Lido Deck. There isn't a ship in the fleet that has spa cabins on the Lido Deck. So either there was an error with the website or the OP was mistaken. It's really just as simple as that.

Yes nevermind.

Other people have already pointed out the cover regarding website glitches. And in re-reading the OPs post, they said they booked a balcony cabin on the Lido Deck. There isn't a ship in the fleet that has spa cabins on the Lido Deck. So either there was an error with the website or the OP was mistaken. It's really just as simple as that.

Hmmmm. the never-mind was correct at that post, but as you seem to not be able to let it go, here is a comment.

Really? So you've never made a mistake, never had someone tell you that "for sure that's correct" and then show up to find out that the - discount is bogus/it did not get saved/not in stock/flat out lied... never happened to you?

Great for you! But most of us have had this happen, and in fact had it happen with Carnival in some form. So regardless of where the cabin was, the understanding that the Spa access was to be attached to that cabin was offered and accepted - not only by the website BUT by an authorized representative of Carnival - so saying over and over that any cabin not on the spa level cannot have this access attached to the cabin is useless.

Carnival can do anything they want to do, with any cabin at any time, read your contract if you don't believe that.... so the ability to ADD this to ANY cabin is within their capability, whether they would do it means nothing.

Edited by bobsfamily

Hmmmm. the never-mind was correct at that post, but as you seem to not be able to let it go, here is a comment.

Really? So you've never made a mistake, never had someone tell you that "for sure that's correct" and then show up to find out that the - discount is bogus/it did not get saved/not in stock/flat out lied... never happened to you?

Great for you! But most of us have had this happen, and in fact had it happen with Carnival in some form. So regardless of where the cabin was, the understanding that the Spa access was to be attached to that cabin was offered and accepted - not only by the website BUT by an authorized representative of Carnival - so saying over and over that any cabin not on the spa level cannot have this access attached to the cabin is useless.

Carnival can do anything they want to do, with any cabin at any time, read your contract if you don't believe that.... so the ability to ADD this to ANY cabin is within their capability, whether they would do it means nothing.

Maybe you need to let it go since you're the only one taking offense to people's post. I was advising the OP for future bookings when wanting to book specific cabin types. I don't see anywhere that I said I was perfect or never made a mistake. I have read my contract, which is why the point of any cabin being able to obtain spa access is a point I made long before you did.

As I'm sure you're the type that can't rest without having the last word, gone and knock yourself out. Arguing with you doesn't help the OP, which is all I was trying to do starting with my very first post. ;)

Sure they can.

What if every time I book a cruise with Carnival I call and tell them that during my booking their website had a tickler pop up telling me I get access to the spa with the booking.

I call and they tell me my room isn't a spa cabin. I tell them you can do anything and since I saw it on the website when I booked you have to honor it.

What if everyone did this? We all get spa access, woooo hooo!

I don't know if the website had an error or not but I can say that reading this board there are far more errors made by posters than by the Carnival website.

If this did happen to me I would know that the cabin I was booking was not a spa cabin and I wouldn't have spa access. That's just not how Carnival's booking process works.

Edited by fuddrules

Thank you for posting your experience and giving us all something to think about.

(and look at my signature. it has been there for years and for a reason :))

Edited by mzloolue

Wow, I guess if it happened to you it would still be OK? Because it's Carnival?

Someone posts what happened to them, gives a warning about it -DID not see any mention of wanting anything for it, although the did call in and were told it was correct - yet everyone is "oh well it's your fault"...

NO, the dang website should work, it should not deceive, period. Not be a problem... simple.

I agree. The website not working correctly is not our problem. If they can't get it to work properly, then they shouldn't allow online booking. Not to mention, she did also call and was told the same thing. First time cruisers would surely not know any better and what a bad taste this would put in their mouths. The OP is giving a warning to help others and should not be chastised for that. Did nothing wrong.

If this happened to you before, why didn't you get it in writing this time? Seems like a sensible thing to do.

Whatever was on the booking would have been in writing. You get (or can request if you don't) a confirmation with the booking and any changes you get an additional confirmation via email, like this:

Email title: Bob Smith / Bkg 4N6YZ9 / Smith

Then detail of your cabin, itinerary, price, etc.....

Then verbiage:

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses, as used by us, may include any and all fees, charges, tolls and taxes imposed on us by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities, as well third party fees and charges arising from a vessel’s presence in a harbor or port. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses may include U.S. Customs fees, head taxes, Panama Canal tolls, dockage fees, wharfage fees, inspection fees, pilotage, air taxes, hotel or VAT taxes incurred as part of a land tour, immigration and naturalization fees, and Internal Revenue Service fees, as well as fees for navigation, berthing, stevedoring, baggage handling/storage and security services. Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses may be assessed per passenger, per berth, per ton or per vessel. Assessments calculated on a per ton or per vessel basis will be spread over the number of passengers on the Ship. Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are subject to change and Carnival reserves the right to collect any increases in effect at the time of sailing even if the fare has already been paid in full.

IMPORTANT NOTES

• The stateroom category selected has a minimum age restriction.

• Please Review this confirmation for accuracy.

• Cancellations made after 3/1/16 will be assessed appropriate cancellation penalties.

• All staterooms, inclusive of the balconies, are an entirely smoke-free environment. Smoking is prohibited in all guest staterooms and balconies. Guests who smoke in these areas will be assessed a $250 USD cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account.

• Service charges will be applied for changes made within 60 days of sailing.

• Carnival Cruise Lines must be advised of any guest medical or physical requirement at least 14 days prior to departure by contacting Carnival's Guest Access Services desk at specialneeds@carnival.com.

• Your booking is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in Carnival's Cruise Ticket Contract. You can access the Cruise Ticket Contract through http://www.carnival.com/bookedguest. It is important for you to read the Cruise Ticket Contract and become acquainted with the specific conditions and limitations of your cruise, including time limitations and the proper venue in which to file suit. You can also view a copy of the Cruise Ticket Contract in Carnival's website (http://www.carnival.com) under the Customer Service section.

• If you wish to review the Cruise Industry Passenger Bill of Rights, you may do so by clicking on the following hyperlink or by going to http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/passenger-bill-of-rights.aspx.

• If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, please visit the FAQ section of carnival.com to learn more about the mosquito-borne Zika virus as well as visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control website for important information. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/

GUEST NOTES

1) Your booking has been linked with the following reservations for dining 4N6YZ9.

2) A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date. Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. The future cruise credit must be used for bookings in USD currency within 24 months from the date of cancellation. If you find a lower cruise rate, based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services, such as air, transfers, prepaid gratuities, or Taxes/Fees/Port Expenses contact your Travel Agent or http://www.Carnival.com. Price protection doesn’t apply to group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

• Visit http://www.carnival.com website for things to know 'Before You Cruise' Help sections for minor guest policy. Age of guests will be verified at embarkation.

• Please refer to the "Welcome Aboard Carnival Cruise Lines Guest Information Letter"

Edited by fuddrules

Thank you OP for giving advice and you are right to be upset

Carnival's website should be working right and although

its been said on here 1000s of times you call and get

one answer then call again and can get another. It

should not be that way things should be consistent. New

cruisers would not know deck plans or such if this

popped up .

I always have my PVP to email me a copy

of my booking well after 5 yrs he sends it usually before I

hang up the phone but I have it in writing.