No Overnight Parking In Kahului, Maui for POA

Lovex4

I have spoken with people on last two POA cruises and both have told me that the former parking lot at the dock is now a construction lot and there is nowhere to park if you intend to keep a rental car overnight. In fact, got a call that cars are even being towed.

On our upcoming cruise we are taking a dive trip the second day in Maui. We need to leave the ship at 5:30am and drive across island. Our original plan was to rent a car for both days but now am wondering what to do. I understand that Uber is not that prominent on the island and taxis in Kahului do not run that early. Any suggestions???

I have spoken with people on last two POA cruises and both have told me that the former parking lot at the dock is now a construction lot and there is nowhere to park if you intend to keep a rental car overnight. In fact, got a call that cars are even being towed.

On our upcoming cruise we are taking a dive trip the second day in Maui. We need to leave the ship at 5:30am and drive across island. Our original plan was to rent a car for both days but now am wondering what to do. I understand that Uber is not that prominent on the island and taxis in Kahului do not run that early. Any suggestions???

I've been on the PoA twice and we weren't able to park at the dock in Maui either time. There is a very small parking lot across from the dock as well as a larger parking area down the street (within walking distance) that we've been able to use. However, the dock parking hasn't been available for our use.

We were never able to park AT the dock, right next to the ship either as it is only large enough to accommodate the few cars that get back the earliest in the day.

I'm not sure which parking lot is being referred to as being 'not available' due to construction. This is how it worked the last time we had an overnight car in Maui. You pull up to the pier guard shack. He tells you the lot is full and gives you directions to the lot down the street a block or so away. This lot as I recall was next to a small bank or something and security was patrolling this area. It is fenced in and the walkway back to the ship is totally fenced as well and very well lit.

Now, if it is "this" lot that is now a construction zone, then you have a problem. Probably need to get clarification from your sources just where the lot in question is.

You might try posting this on the Hawaii board where there may be recent cruisers with some current info.

Edited by punkincc

Anyone rented a car in the last 2 weeks has any information on these other lots in the area? Need to rebook car ASAP if their is overnight parking issues, really didn't want to go to airport 2 days in a row if it wasn't needed.