Royal Palms Cancelled on me!!!!!

JP350Z

Even though I reserved a beach cabana online exactly on the 6 month out mark when reservations opened today I received an email my reservation for June 14th was being cancelled due to a "private event" and now no cabanas are available. AKA someone else is renting all of them. That is just rude. They did offer me a free cabana the next time I'm in Grand Cayman but i have no scheduled return trips planned. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this topic. I have been e-mailing back and forth with Thea at Royal Palms about this and it is true. They are closing the entire place June 14th for a private party. You can't even rent chairs and umbrellas there that day and 2 ships are in port. Just heart breaking to have a confirmation at 6 months out only to get an email 3-4 months later your reservation has been cancelled 60 days out from your vacation. I had my parents and kids all pumped up about the place too. Looking at other cabana rental options on 7 mile but not finding much.

With only two ships in that day, you won't have any trouble finding umbrellas and loungers at Public Beach or Tiki Beach. Two ships is decidedly uncrowded compared to days with six or seven.

There are public cabana-like sun shelters at Public Beach, but they're free on a first-come, first-served basis.

I don't think Tiki Beach has cabanas, but you could check with them. I tend to avoid going there as it's the destination for most of the cruise ship excursions.

If you've got kids, I'd say Public Beach is your best bet for a beach day anyway. There's a playground and there's usually some bouncy water toy rentals in the area. They'll like it better than Royal Palms where they wouldn't have been allowed in the pool and it's got much more of an adult vibe.