best place to buy wine on Oahu before cruise

jhenry1

Has anyone purchased wine on Oahu before boarding the cruise ship? If so where is the best place to pick up some good wine to take onboard?

Kandy

Edited by jhenry1
spelling

I'm not sure what you consider good wine, but wine is sold practically everywhere here. Grocery stores, pharmacies, convenience stores, ABC stores, and yes Sams and Costco.

When we went in POA we decided not to bring any. The prices for the bottles onboard want more than the price of a bottle plus the borrower l corkage fee so it wasn't worth it to us, but my husband is the wind drinker and he's not that picky.

~Katy

Hi - based on my research online we are going to try Coco Cove pre-cruise which is about a 10 minute walk from our hotel (Holiday Inn Beachcomber). Address is 2284 Kalakaua Avenue. Many of the reviews indicate they have a fairly extensive wine selection (better than ABC). They also get rave reviews for their poke plates

Edited by Cb2534

We like Silver Oak, Sequoia Grove, Reynolds Family. We are picky. These are some of our choices so I would say the medium price wines to the higher end. Around 50 to 100 per bottle.

Kandy

Searching online the HASR Wine Shop may be a good option to consider & could have more options within your price range. It appears to be a wine shop & receives good reviews on Yelp.

Google Maps shows it's a 0.5 mile, 10 minute walk from Aloha Tower and a 1 mile, 20 minute walk from the Pier 2 Cruise Ship Terminal.

http://www.hasrwineco.com/

Safeway market has decent prices & selection and you save an additional 10% by purchasing a minimum of 6 bottles but sometimes they have 30% off all wines. It's further from the cruise ships and both are about 1.5 miles & a 30 minute walk.

1234 S. Beretania St

Honolulu 96814

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have heard to buy pineapple wine, is this easy to get locally? We will be staying at the Hilton Waikiki Beach precruise so somewhere we can walk to is best. We do have a sams club membership also. Thankyou

Bev

Maui Winery's "Maui Blanc" is wine made from pineapple:

https://store.mauiwine.com/maui-blanc-p4.aspx

I know that Costco has it for about $10 but haven't been in Sam's Club.

They also have Maui Splash made from pineapple which adds passion fruit & is much sweeter to me:

https://store.mauiwine.com/maui-splash-p1.aspx

I haven't stayed in Waikiki in decades but they had many ABC Stores that sell a lot of Hawaiian type of items & would think they'd have these Maui Winery wines.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We will be taking a taxi from the airport directly to the pier in Honolulu. Is there a market or large drug store enroute that we can ask the driver to stop at and wait, while I run in and pick up a case of water and soda to take onboard with the luggage?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We will be taking a taxi from the airport directly to the pier in Honolulu. Is there a market or large drug store enroute that we can ask the driver to stop at and wait, while I run in and pick up a case of water and soda to take onboard with the luggage?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Long's Pharmacy is all over the islands. We had to go to one in Kailua-Kona for Claritin for our daughter. You could probably stop there. Looks like there are several near the airport and pier.

Long's locations: https://www.google.com/search?q=longs+honolulu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=longs%20honolulu&rflfq=1&rlha=0&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:3&rlfi=hd:;si:

Edited by greatlakesgirl

Long's Pharmacy is all over the islands. We had to go to one in Kailua-Kona for Claritin for our daughter. You could probably stop there. Looks like there are several near the airport and pier.

Long's locations: https://www.google.com/search?q=longs+honolulu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=longs%20honolulu&rflfq=1&rlha=0&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:3&rlfi=hd:;si:

Also in post #7 there's info about Safeway which is only 1.5 miles from both cruise ship terminals.

Also in post #7 there's info about Safeway which is only 1.5 miles from both cruise ship terminals.

Right. I wasn't suggesting they go to Long's in Kailua-Kona, I was just making the point that they are all over the islands, much like the ABC stores. The link I posted is a google search of Long's near the Honolulu piers.:)

Right. I wasn't suggesting they go to Long's in Kailua-Kona, I was just making the point that they are all over the islands, much like the ABC stores. The link I posted is a google search of Long's near the Honolulu piers.:)

And that was a great point to make. :D

Long's Drugs is a popular place in Hawaii & has been here for a long time. Even after CVS purchased Long's they wisely kept the name of a more "hometown" business. ;)

And that was a great point to make. :D

Long's Drugs is a popular place in Hawaii & has been here for a long time. Even after CVS purchased Long's they wisely kept the name of a more "hometown" business. ;)

Can't say that I blame them. ;)

Edited by greatlakesgirl