QM2 TA Crossings 2017

katzoe

I phoned Cunard in Sydney yesterday to check when bookings will open for the 2017 Trans Atlantic Crossings. I couldn't get a definite answer and was told it would probably be a few months away. The consultant on QE in March told me they would open in early April. In the past Australians have been denied access to certain Cunard cruises when they have opened for sale in other countries. I would be very interested to know if the English and American offices have given an indication when the TA's will be open for sale.

Frustrating isn't it?

But you can actually book from Australia if you go via a UK based web travel agent. I used one last year. No disadvantage as far as I can see apart from the pricing being in pounds not AUD.

I can see all of the 2017 TAs on my screen now here in Melbourne.

(Sorry, don't think we can give links on this forum)

Thanks MCC retired for the information regarding US bookings.

Yes Beagle5 it is frustrating. I know which TA I wish to book. I may take your advise and use a UK based agent as my sister did last year. It is annoying as I would much prefer to book here in Melbourne with my local agent. I wish I knew why we are treated this way.

My Melbourne TA has managed to book the 29 day Trans Atlantic, New England & Canada for 2017. I am delighted but wonder why the Cunard reservations officer got it so wrong.

I phoned Cunard in Sydney yesterday to check when bookings will open for the 2017 Trans Atlantic Crossings. I couldn't get a definite answer and was told it would probably be a few months away. The consultant on QE in March told me they would open in early April. In the past Australians have been denied access to certain Cunard cruises when they have opened for sale in other countries. I would be very interested to know if the English and American offices have given an indication when the TA's will be open for sale.

Hi katzoe. I don't understand how or why Cunard denies access to certain cruises. Have you filed a complaint? -S.

Hi Salacia, No I haven't filed a complaint. I am still trying to work it all out. On the Australian website I cannot find information about any Cunard cruise after May 2017. There is a line through each of the following months. When I typed in my cruise number in the search area I get the following response. "Cruise ----- is no longer available on this website. All very strange seeing I now have a confirmed booking and stateroom.and they want the deposit tomorrow.

I agree Futureaussie, it does look a good itinerary. We have been on QM2 for 3 cruises, all world cruise sectors. We wanted to experience a Trans Atlantic Crossing on QM2 and this cruise also give us New England & Canada which is a bonus as we have never been to Quebec. It will also be great to experience the "makeover" of QM2.