LIVE - Disney Wonder - 04/08/2016

gpw45

LIVE from Disney Wonder – 04/08/2016

We will be sailing on the Disney Wonder from April 8-13, 2016. This will be our 35th cruise, but first on Disney Cruise Line. So we will be experiencing the ship and cruise line for the first time.

I will be posting (when I have free or cheap Internet access) during the cruise. Feel free to follow along and ask any questions or make comments as we go along. If you are an experienced (at least one cruise) Disney guest, feel free to offer suggestions or to correct me if necessary.

Gordon

Quotes on the Internet are frequently inaccurate – A. Lincoln

I’ve wanted to sail on a Disney ship for some time. And I especially wanted to experience the original Animator’s Palate restaurant.

The Disney Wonder has not been back in for a drydock because the Panama Canal expansion has been running way behind schedule. The Wonder will have a duck tail (nothing to do with Donald) added to allow for additional weight. But the additional length will prevent the Wonder from passing through the current Panama Canal locks. She is the only current Disney ship that can be moved through the canal to do Alaska excursions until the canal expansion is complete.

So, booking the Wonder will give me the chance to experience the Animator’s Palate. And this sailing was the best deal price wise.

Gordon

Organized people are just too lazy to search for things.

Friday, April 8: Miami Webcam - http://portmiamiwebcam.com/

Saturday, April 9: At Sea

Sunday, April 10: Georgetown, Grand Cayman –webcam - http://www.kroooz-

cams.com/portcams/caribbean/cayman1.php

Monday, April 11: At Sea

Tuesday, April 12: Castaway Cay

Wednesday, April 13: Miami Webcam - http://portmiamiwebcam.com/

Gordon

Periscope is a live streaming application for iPhone and Andriod phones. Videos can be watched live, or delayed. Periscope saves videos for 24 hours.

Due to heavy Internet usage, I will broadcast only when cell service is available.

Periscope id: gpw45

Tentative schedule for Periscope broadcasts

Friday, April 8 – Miami –

arrival at the port (sometime around noon or so)

boarding (sometime around 1:00 or so)

ship walkaround (after we eat)

sail away (sometime around 4:50 to 5:00 I think. On board time is 4:00)

Saturday, April 9

At sea. No periscope

Sunday, April 10 - Grand Cayman -

Tendering in and out (if cell service available)

Walkaround Georgetown (no excursions planned, we’ve been there before)

Monday, April 11

At sea, no periscope

Tuesday, April 12

Castaway Cay (if cell service available)

Castaway Cay 5K run walk (gather on ship at 8:30 for instructions. Walk to starting point, walk 5K – takes me about 52 minutes normally, but probably slower since I will be looking at things and taking pictures)

Wednesday, April 13

Arrival in Miami

Maybe a final broadcast

Gordon

I will begin live postings when we head for the ship on Friday, April 8, 2016.

We have about a 2 hour drive to Port of Miami and anticipate arrival around noon.

Gordon

Make sure you sign up for the free internet. They offer a small amount of data on the first day of the cruise only. You will find details on the Navigator that you are given the first day in the cruise terminal.

Thank you, thank you. I like free.

I will keep an eye out for that when we board. I already have the Navigator app on my phone and I will check that and the printed copy.

Gordon

Looking forward to your scopes! Maybe a link to the first one to make it easy to find?

In addition to being new to Disney Cruise Line, I am also new to Periscope.

How do I create a link to a video?

Thanks.

Gordon

https://help.periscope.tv/customer/en/portal/topics/806170-broadcasting/articles

When you send a notification on twitter, then you will be able to copy and paste that link here and other sharing places. Once someone watches on the link, they can also install Periscope and follow you. Or we can just see it with the link on periscope.tv for that 24 hour time period

https://help.periscope.tv/customer/en/portal/topics/806170-broadcasting/articles

When you send a notification on twitter, then you will be able to copy and paste that link here and other sharing places. Once someone watches on the link, they can also install Periscope and follow you. Or we can just see it with the link on periscope.tv for that 24 hour time period

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Gordon

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Gordon

Thanks Karen! Katch is what many people use to save their broadcasts and then use them on messages and blogs after the 24 hour time frame. I have seen several teachers using this way.

Bluecat

Yes. Mine from our cruise would be gone if it weren't for Katch

Just curious if anyone plans on Sailing on the Freedom of the Seas on June 19, 2016. I have a small group on that one and was just curious :)

Whoops! Thought I was posting this to the HOTS thread, lol. Looking forward to your reviews of the Wonder.