Escape or Getaway for NCL Newbie?

beatbandit

Any thoughts on which ship would be better for an NCL newbie? I have cruised with Princess and RCCL, but wanted to try something new. My partner has never been on a cruise before, so I want him to love it because that would mean more cruises in my future!

I've been on both ships, and have another cruise booked on each! It could come down to what is most important to you. Escape has more water slides (love the Aqua Racer) but Getaway has some too. Getaway has the complimentary Flamingo Grill, which we love for breakfast and lunches. Escape has Food Republic, great food for decent prices. Both have good entertainment. Maybe look at each itinerary and see what appeals to you most?

Escape has more water slides (love the Aqua Racer) but Getaway has some too. Getaway has the complimentary Flamingo Grill, which we love for breakfast and lunches.

Just for clarification, the Getaway technically has more water slides (the single Aqua Racer on Escape replaces the two twister body slides on Getaway).

And agree 100% on the Flamingo Grill...it's delicious and complimentary. Margaritaville is in its place on the Escape, and it's a la carte. I think the Escape therefore actually has LESS complimentary dining options (it doesn't even have Shanghai's) but more specialty and a la carte options (several that aren't included with the SDP).

Just for clarification, the Getaway technically has more water slides (the single Aqua Racer on Escape replaces the two twister body slides on Getaway).

Thanks for the correction. I should have said better (in my opinion) slides. Just google Escape's Aqua Racer. Very fun slide on single or double tubes. Love the show from inside the slide:D

. Maybe look at each itinerary and see what appeals to you most?

The itinerary for the Escape is similar to one I've done before and loved it. The Getaway would be all new ports, but that being said, they're all new to my partner. I am leaning towards the Getaway, but it's still up for debate!

Just off the Getaway a couple weeks back. The service we received in the Tropicana dining room alone was outstanding. Alvin the Maitre D' was amazing!!

We did Cozumel, Jamaica & Cayman Islands. Had to skip GSC due to rough waters. We had a group of 17 and they treated all of us really well.

Looking at Escape perhaps in 2017.

We were on Getaway a year ago and loved it. The only negative was the outside pool area was very difficult to use as a walkway. Escape is wider, so that may be alleviated somewhat. We'll be on Escape in June.

We have been on both and just booked the Getaway again for next month! We love both (any NCL) but the Escape may be our favorite for now. Taking the son for one of his graduation gifts.

*Waves* from Gainesville. :)

I doubt the OP could go wrong with either ship. I loved Getaway and I have Escape booked for later this year. I suggest book either and then get a cruisenext certificate to use on the other ship.

If you're beer fans... end of debate. You need to book on the Escape.

If not... I withhold any opinion. :)

We are definitely beer fans which is complicating the decision even more! The District Brewhouse is a huge draw.