legally blonde

3shar

Million Dollar Quartet is light years better than Legally Blonde. This is amazing news for you.

Also the musical was just like the movie with a pinch of amateur theatre IMO, so one is better of just (re-)watching the movie.

Oh yes sorry ...The Getaway. I was looking forward to Legally Blonde :(

I was looking forward to Legally Blonde on my May cruise. I saw it on Broadway when it first opened and was excited to see it again.

I have heard great things about MDQ though and will be happy to see that as long as it actually does begin on the sailing its supposed to (May 15th) - hasn't started showing up on the explore/plan yet.

We're on the Getaway May 8-15; it looks like they JUST canceled the show, and there is NOTHING to replace it on our cruise. No Burn the Floor, no Legally Blonde.

The only thing that looks available is a magic show you have to pay extra for, and some sort of Karaoke show. Seems pretty lame.

We're on the Getaway May 8-15; it looks like they JUST canceled the show, and there is NOTHING to replace it on our cruise. No Burn the Floor, no Legally Blonde.

The only thing that looks available is a magic show you have to pay extra for, and some sort of Karaoke show. Seems pretty lame.

Similar thing happened to us last week on Escape. Million Dollar Quartet was gone, in process of moving to Getaway. The Brat Pack For the Record show is moving into the main theatre in its place, but wasn't ready yet. We had what I consider the "B" show, After Midnight. And in place of Million Dollar Quartet we got this truly awful a cappella group called Vocal Overdrive.

I cannot say enough things about how awful Vocal Overdrive was. Let's see... replace a Broadway-style show with five people singing a cappella. No comparison.

I guess it's unrealistic to expect anything in return, but really, considering that Million Dollar Quartet was advertised when we made our booking, you'd think they could have given us a token gesture of a free drink or $10 onboard credit or something.

The entertainment in the theatre was probably the only aspect of Escape last week that I really wasn't too thrilled about overall.

It looks like instead of a broadway-level show (we saw "Rock of ages" last year on the Breakaway), we're getting a college Karaoke/ acapella act!

I miss the old days of the Dawn when there was a different show every night; comedian, acrobatics, music, etc... You could just choose to skip the one night they had a karaoke act! lol

Having seen both, I'd take Legally Blonde over MDQ in a heartbeat. LB is such a fun show.

I have not seen MDQ (and now won't as I am Going on NCL Escape and that is where MDQ is leaving from) but can certainly see that if you like good old early rock and roll, it would be a great show. I have seen Legally Blonde 3 times from the previews in San Francisco, than saw it on Broadway, than on the Getaway, I was bored each time but you know what, the people I went with all had a great time so that is what matters. We are lucky to be able to go on cruises and have talented people entertain us. I am sure the OP is disappointed that LB is leaving but hopefully will enjoy the new show and if not, there's lots of other things to do!