Need QUICK advice for unexpected stop in Nassau today!

Licoriceky2

Stopping in Nassau on the Carnival Pride at 2:30 -11:00. This kills me because I am a planner, but I have to roll with it. We would enjoy a beach adventure but it would only be for two hours or so. We are a family of 7 with a 4 and a 6 year old. One adult is limited on funds so he wants free. As mom of the kids, I want easy, nice, fun and most importantly safe.

To those that have been please tell me where and how to get there!!!

Thank you!

Take a roughly 15 minute walk over to Junkanoo Beach. Follow the road around the corner from Senor Frog's and the Brutish Pass the British Colonial Hilton. Actually there will be others walking that way. Just go with the crowd. There is a Fat Tuesday nearby and in the beach is the Tiki Bikini Hut for good drinks. Inexpensive too. Beach is free. Take your towels. You'll be alive tinsel the cruise ships from there. There are also some little huts for Popsicles, drinks, snacks. It's not bad for an unexpected stop and it's free. Especially since you're getting in so late. Definitely get back to the port area around 6 though with your kiddos. I feel safe in Nassau and walk all over, but only before 6pm-ish.

There are public restrooms on Junkanoo Beach, too. Pretty decent ones, too. And a police station across the street.

I was actually scheduled on your cruise and three weeks ago had to change it to the April 15 cruise due to a work conflict. I wish I wouldn't have had to do that. I know it's a disappointment not going to HMC and grand Turk but the compensation works out to like a free cruise and you can go there next time.

Congrats! I'm jelly.

What's the word on the Pride? Are they going to have the problem fixed for the next sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app