Aft or not

Swampduck

Please, at all costs avoid aft cabins...............

The more people that know about them, the less opportunity for me to have one.

Seriously, agree with everyone on this topic.

More exercise, hypnotic sounds and great views. Sunsets are amazing in an aft cabin.

Enjoy, but don't spread the word, keep this secret among us.

C

We only sail if we can book aft. We've been through some pretty rough storms with no motion issues except on the Disney Fantasy. We bounced and rolled, and the cabin creaked and groaned (least favorite and most expensive of all aft experiences). The gorgeous views and quiet location far outweigh the issues of a bit of soot or perceived lack of privacy IMHO.

Below are a couple of images from our fjords cruise. It was chilly on most days, but we loved having brekfast or a glass of wine on our balcony and soaking up the views. There is rarely any wind aft, which is a plus during cool weather, but a con in hotter regions.

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg[/img]

Edited by sippican

This is NOT true on the S-Class ships though (OP is asking specifically about Equinox). There are only elevators midship and at the front of the ship on those.

It's the main downside of aft on Celebrity to me. You do a lot of walking just to get from your room to anywhere else. Now, for me it's good exercise. But just to go grab a drink, you walk to the middle of the ship, and then you walk back to the back of the ship to your room, essentially walking the full length of the ship. For every trip. Every time. It can get to be a bit much after several trips. However, the view is usually spectacular, and I think it's nice and quiet, so I would not hesitate to stay in an aft room when possible.

Just off the Equinox and had an aft cabin....I loved it for all the reasons everyone else has posted, but I was disappointed with the elevators only being midship and forward, since I have trouble walking. When we were on the Infinity they had elevators aft, forward and mid-ship and I made the mistake of assuming the S class would be the same. I'll still only book aft cabin because the wake and the view and the dolphins are so worth the inconvenience but I did need a w/c for use on board.