Where to get comic books in Cozumel??

DaveNetMan

Don't laugh :) but I'm a comic book collector, and I'd like to know if anyone knows of any place in Cozumel to buy comic books. I thought it would be fun to have a few Spanish ones in my collection. I've looked around at the shops by the port, but haven't found any. And I don't know if I'd have to go downtown, and if so, what does that cost.

Thanks everyone!

Dave

Nearest specialty comic book shop is in Cancun.

You may try either the Mega Store or Chedurai Grocery stores. they carry a lot of things. I think there are a couple of bookstores to the east(away from the water) of the plaza downtown. Not sure of any exact names or locations or if they carry comics. But you might ask around.

Taxi to downtown Plaza from the two southern cruise piers is around $7 per taxi up to 4 people.

Thanks, crewsweeper! I'm hoping to find something within walking distance of the port, even a grocery store is fine. We're going in 6 weeks, so I'll ask around.

I did find many people selling comicbook-related items, such as statues, so I'm hoping the actual books aren't too scarce :)

The cabs were $8 per group from International Pier to downtown when I was there a month or so ago. In both cases, each group paid $8, so in a van where there was one group of four and two couples, the cab driver collected $24. In essence, it was $8 per stop. We didn't mind, by the way; door-to-door service from International Pier was convenient.

DaveNetMan, there is a good comic book store about 2 blocks from my home in California. Sadly, we have none of the following in our town: beaches, mountains, interesting restaurants, museums, water parks, ruins, snorkeling, local culture, or any culture whatsoever. We do have a small park with a swing set. Hope to see you soon! :D