Plan our excursions for us, please...

marmstro

Yes they still do have a Groupon deal for the VIP tickets. This luau is very close to where we are staying and am anxious to hear how your luau went.

We got back from our trip this morning, and as far as the DH luau goes, I would skip it. For one, it is essentially the same show the Pride of America puts on the night of Day 2 with some of the same people, and our waitress who served us tableside had to be convinced that with our VIP package we get an additional free drink, and it was only offered to me after the luau ended and everyone was lining up to see the fireworks (our visit being on a Friday night when HHV puts on a fireworks show). We also didn't get the souvenir photo that was part of the package. The food was also on the cool side. I would recommend going only if you purchase 'show only' as it is a fun and educational show, and only if you don't want to see the show on the Pride of America.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Edited by Kattus

• 5 weeks later...

I've been planning our Hawaii trip for 2 years. I've read so much - both on cruise critic, online and in the Revealed Guidebooks that my head is swimming. :eek: I feel so overwhelmed! My poor husband said for me to take lots of pictures so he can see it all when we come home since I have him driving everywhere! :) One thing I do suggest, which I just started doing, is mapping out your itinerary so you don't forget the places you want to see, the tips everyone has passed on and all your confirmation numbers in one document. I have addresses, phone numbers etc listed. I feel a little more in control knowing its all down on paper and I can refer back to it as needed. But I also think we're going to need a vacation to recover from the vacation lol

I've been planning our Hawaii trip for 2 years. I've read so much - both on cruise critic' date=' online and in the Revealed Guidebooks that my head is swimming. :eek: I feel so overwhelmed! My poor husband said for me to take lots of pictures so he can see it all when we come home since I have him driving everywhere! :) One thing I do suggest, which I just started doing, is mapping out your itinerary so you don't forget the places you want to see, the tips everyone has passed on and all your confirmation numbers in one document. I have addresses, phone numbers etc listed. I feel a little more in control knowing its all down on paper and I can refer back to it as needed. But I also think we're going to need a vacation to recover from the vacation lol[/quote']

That is exactly what I did! I had a document for each day. It really helped and I was so glad I did it that way. Yes, all the info seems to be overwhelming at first, but it gets better once you start sorting out exactly what you want to do....just take it one day at a time. Enjoy Hawaii and the POA! I plan to go back someday...soon I hope :)

We got back from our trip this morning, and as far as the DH luau goes, I would skip it. For one, it is essentially the same show the Pride of America puts on the night of Day 2 with some of the same people, and our waitress who served us tableside had to be convinced that with our VIP package we get an additional free drink, and it was only offered to me after the luau ended and everyone was lining up to see the fireworks (our visit being on a Friday night when HHV puts on a fireworks show). We also didn't get the souvenir photo that was part of the package. The food was also on the cool side. I would recommend going only if you purchase 'show only' as it is a fun and educational show, and only if you don't want to see the show on the Pride of America.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Is the one on the POA put on while the boat is sailing? Or is while you are docked in Maui or somewhere else?

I've been planning our Hawaii trip for 2 years. I've read so much - both on cruise critic' date=' online and in the Revealed Guidebooks that my head is swimming. :eek: I feel so overwhelmed! My poor husband said for me to take lots of pictures so he can see it all when we come home since I have him driving everywhere! :) One thing I do suggest, which I just started doing, is mapping out your itinerary so you don't forget the places you want to see, the tips everyone has passed on and all your confirmation numbers in one document. I have addresses, phone numbers etc listed. I feel a little more in control knowing its all down on paper and I can refer back to it as needed. But I also think we're going to need a vacation to recover from the vacation lol[/quote']

The Revealed Guidebooks are the best! They also offer an app for a small fee that we found helpful while we there.

Utahtea

The Revealed Guidebooks are the best! They also offer an app for a small fee that we found helpful while we there.

Utahtea

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look up that guidebook.

• 4 weeks later...

As my well-traveled mother taught me - Do not over plan, or you will come home complaining about everything you missed.

We have found some "spur-of-the-moment" adventures have been our best adventures.

Thank you ALL for taking the time to post the car rental information-renting cars in HI can be tedious and frustrating as some have posted.

Our Concierge rented us a car on our second cruise, we mentioned it to our butler - he suggested (as others have posted) discounthawaiicarrentals, he called, and got us the same car for 60% less, and pickup and drop-off was seamless. We have used this rental site many times now, the pricing and service is great. Even got a FREE upgrade to a red Camaro convertible once!:D

Note: Cab rides can be a little "pricey" but the HI cab drivers love their islands and even a ride to the beach can turn into a tour - we are researching UBER on the islands...........any input?