Solo on the Epic-Specialty Dining

BNL1213

Wondering what I should do about booking my specialty dining reservations since I am getting the 3 dinner pkg. I am cruising solo on the Epic. Should I make reservations for 4 and hope other solos want to join, or should I wait until I am on the ship and have the Solo Lounge Coordinator book the reservations I want and see if others want to join at that point? Does anyone have any experience on the ships that have the solo lounge?

Personally, I would not expect the Solo Lounge Coordinator to make any dinner reservations for you individually. You might bring it up with the coodinator that you are going to specialty restaurants and the coordinator might make a marker board announcement. Then other solos could choose to join you.

Personally, I would not expect the Solo Lounge Coordinator to make any dinner reservations for you individually. You might bring it up with the coodinator that you are going to specialty restaurants and the coordinator might make a marker board announcement. Then other solos could choose to join you.

Well, I have no expectations - and why I am asking. I am not sure what the solo coordinator does. Perhaps I could have worded my question better.

So no, the coordinator does not make reservations for a group of solos?? I should make some ahead of time in the specialty restaurants I want and ask that the coordinator announce for others to join??

Well, I have no expectations - and why I am asking. I am not sure what the solo coordinator does. Perhaps I could have worded my question better.

So no, the coordinator does not make reservations for a group of solos?? I should make some ahead of time in the specialty restaurants I want and ask that the coordinator announce for others to join??

I booked all of my dinners ahead of time and just made changes during the week. That way I had the places I wanted and if anyone wanted to join me or I changed my mind I just changed as necessary.

I booked all of my dinners ahead of time and just made changes during the week. That way I had the places I wanted and if anyone wanted to join me or I changed my mind I just changed as necessary.

So did you just make your reservation for 1 person? or did you book it as a group hoping others would join you?

So did you just make your reservation for 1 person? or did you book it as a group hoping others would join you?

I booked for myself unless the only option at my preferred time was two. I had the UDP so I don't know if it would count against your SDP meals to book two people for one dinner at time of reservation. They will definitely fix it on the ship though.

I booked for myself unless the only option at my preferred time was two. I had the UDP so I don't know if it would count against your SDP meals to book two people for one dinner at time of reservation. They will definitely fix it on the ship though.

thank you for your help!