10 day Serenade of the Seas-Jan., 2017

We are booked for this cruise and am wondering what the dining options are other than the MDR and the Windjammer Cafe. Is there a pizza place or other options that are free?

Park Cafe in the Solarium is free. It has pizza (among other snacks) in the afternoon and evenings. You can also get some treats at Cafe Latte-Tudes.

Edited by clarea

Seaview Cafe for sandwiches, soup and snacks. Also there's room service.

Unfortunately, Seaview was removed during the last dry dock and replaced with the extra cost restaurant called Izumi.

[QUsOTE=2006263;49647249]We are booked for this cruise and am wondering what the dining options are other than the MDR and the Windjammer Cafe. Is there a pizza place or other options that are free?

Come join our roll call for this cruise. Several people have been on the Serenade before and may be able to answer questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2200458&page=11

We just got off the Seranade 10-day, the end of March. We really loved the Park View Cafe and spent a lot of time there for breakfast and lunch. I can't stand the chaos in the Windjammer and this was a nice quiet place to grab a panini/sandwhich/salad for lunch or a breakfast burrito/egg muffin/cereal/oatmeal/yogurt etc for breakfast. Pizza didn't come out until evening hours so I can't attest to that. As the cruise went on, more people found it so it did get a little busier. FWIW, you can also get the small bags of potato chips there. ;).

One of the last 2 sea days (2nd I think) they had a BBQ by the pool. Very yummy chicken and ribs, with a couple of salads to go with it.

Cafe' Lattetudes has breakfast "sweets", desserts and cookies that are complimentary even if you have to pay for the specialty coffees.

Unfortunately, Seaview was removed during the last dry dock and replaced with the extra cost restaurant called Izumi.

Sorry to jump topic, but in the Solarium area there were 2 venues across from each other. Are they both considered the Park Cafe? Can't remember what I picked up there...just went from one side to the other.

Sorry to jump topic, but in the Solarium area there were 2 venues across from each other. Are they both considered the Park Cafe? Can't remember what I picked up there...just went from one side to the other.

If they were both on the starboard side, then they were both Park Cafe. One serves as the salad station at lunch.

If they were both on the starboard side, then they were both Park Cafe. One serves as the salad station at lunch.

Thanks, I knew you could straighten me out.:D

Still in a fog after 21 days on the Serenade.:eek:

We are booked for this cruise and am wondering what the dining options are other than the MDR and the Windjammer Cafe. Is there a pizza place or other options that are free?

You may enjoy our youtube video from January 2016. There are lots of photos of the ship, food, and ports. We are also booked on the SOTS for January 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isgTogzFw4g&index=1&list=PLTY8CPGV3T9ecRsANvPSBZLx7zBt6xKfP

Edited by existentialtraveler

One other option on Serenade is Rita's. It is ala carte, but we had a chicken quesadilla for about $2.50 or so and it was very good. Nachos.... not so much. Don't bother. Canned cheese. But the guacamole was also good. It opens at 3 or so. Problem is that it is behind the Windjammer on the way to the Windjammer outdoor seating, so many people simply use Rita's as "Windjammer" seating or for card playing. The waitress said she just got tired of telling people so gave up. However the tables are exclusively for Rita's. Anyway, we are also fans of the Park Cafe. It had 2 stations on the starboard side. One was salads the other was sandwiches, etc. But it could be hard to find seating. Many people on sea days would "homestead" at the tables playing cards and reading. It was..."annoying" at lunch time when 4 or 5 of the 7 tables were being used by people reading, often singles, and you can't find a place to eat lunch. Oh well.... we all know who it's "all about."