Should I book Forward or Aft on the Star

hollon

There are no covered mini suites forward. The only covered mini suites are on Emerald. They usually go right away. Book these over the Dolphin ones. If the weather is not good, you want a covered balcony.

I hate forward cabins. Much prefer aft or midship cabins.

Edited by Coral

What about the Star minisuites, which is better Aft or Forward - they are the same price, my previous thread yall said Aft have good minisuits, what about forward for the same price?

If you want a covered balcony mini-suite then the Emerald deck aft is the only place that they are available. All Dolphin deck mini-suites have totally uncovered balconies.

Thank you! :) Is there a viewing deck at the back of the ship or do we need to go all the way forward?

The Coral Princess has these. The Grand class doesn't. This is one reason people love the Coral Princess. If you can pull it off, the Coral Princess is the superior ship in Alaska IMO.

You will need to go to a high deck such as Deck 14 or 15 or lower Deck 7. You can view forward and aft from both of these places. Skywalker's has a good view also but is enclosed.

Edited by Coral

The Coral Princess has these. The Grand class doesn't. This is one reason people love the Coral Princess. If you can pull it off, the Coral Princess is the superior ship in Alaska IMO.

You will need to go to a high deck such as Deck 14 or 15 or lower Deck 7. You can view forward and aft from both of these places. Skywalker's has a good view also but is enclosed.

Oh, I know the dates we have to go is set due to trying to get off work, etc. I hope I won't be disappointed w/ the Star. I'm on deck 8 aft right now, so I can just go down a deck and be right out side? Can you see around the corners of the deck 7 - sorry for all the questions.

Oh, I know the dates we have to go is set due to trying to get off work, etc. I hope I won't be disappointed w/ the Star. I'm on deck 8 aft right now, so I can just go down a deck and be right out side? Can you see around the corners of the deck 7 - sorry for all the questions.

The Star is a fine ship.

If I remember correctly on Deck 7, you can walk all the way around but there may be a few steps for the aft and forward. It is easy to get from side to side just by going inside and to the opposite doors if you can't get all the way around. I forget if your sister has mobility issues or not.

The Star is a fine ship.

If I remember correctly on Deck 7, you can walk all the way around but there may be a few steps for the aft and forward. It is easy to get from side to side just by going inside and to the opposite doors if you can't get all the way around. I forget if your sister has mobility issues or not.

Thank you for remembering my sister, and for the advice. She is doing alot better and continuing to lose weight, get healthy, etc. She may need a wheelchair, but if she continues to do well, she may only need a walker. She almost died last year so we cancelled our cruise so we hope this will be great and I think it will. I guess that's why I keep asking questions, b/c I could easily run to the front of the ship or side to side b/c I'm healthy, but not so much for herself.

I told her whatever cabin we choose or ship, Alaska is great! :) I did go ahead and book E722 port side - thanks for the advice, b/c those cabins are almost gone and went fast

Thank you for remembering my sister, and for the advice. She is doing alot better and continuing to lose weight, get healthy, etc. She may need a wheelchair, but if she continues to do well, she may only need a walker. She almost died last year so we cancelled our cruise so we hope this will be great and I think it will. I guess that's why I keep asking questions, b/c I could easily run to the front of the ship or side to side b/c I'm healthy, but not so much for herself.

I told her whatever cabin we choose or ship, Alaska is great! :) I did go ahead and book E722 port side - thanks for the advice, b/c those cabins are almost gone and went fast

Glad to hear she is doing well. My Mom traveled with me and had some disabilities so I understand.

Deck 7 - you can easily go interior to go between port and starboard. So if she can't get up the stairs for the true aft and forward, her views will still be excellent. And then there is Deck 15.

Have a great trip! You will be happy to have a covered deck. Love Emerald mini suites.

Glad to hear she is doing well. My Mom traveled with me and had some disabilities so I understand.

Deck 7 - you can easily go interior to go between port and starboard. So if she can't get up the stairs for the true aft and forward, her views will still be excellent. And then there is Deck 15.

Have a great trip! You will be happy to have a covered deck. Love Emerald mini suites.

THANKS - anymore advice you can give me about the Star or Princess would be appreciated, if you have time you can email me at askforgiveness@aol.com , that's only if you want :)