Just wondering ... Rating of Customers?

Slarty

I work in the hospitality industry though not a cruise line. The system we use can log any complaint/issue/request a guest has. There are those special repeat guests that if we know they like something a certain way we will accommodate them (subject to availability of course ;)) .

As far as banning someone in my experience it has been extremely rare and when it does happen its for something really bad where the police had to be called. I will give you an example. This guy roughed up his girlfriend and the police were called. The woman refused to press charges and the police chose not to pursue it even though legally they could have!! That is a whole other story in itself. So anyway our security took his picture and gave him this citation that he is banned from property and if he showed up again it would be considered trespassing. Guess who showed up later that night walking through the lobby!! He was detained and the police came and got him and took him to jail for trespassing. Not because he beat up his girlfriend. His girlfriend came to the front desk and checked out after he was arrested. Talk about standing by your man. Really sad situation.

Passengers should consider just how much information the cruise lines have on them. Look at all the information you provide when you check in. The cruise lines have large data bases of which passengers sail in suites, which passengers sail in insides. They know how many cruises you've taken with them and how much you've spent on-board. They know if you attend formal nights or opt for the specialty restaurants. They know how much you spend on alcohol.

Back in the 70s/80s, when I traveled a lot and before all this frequent flyer stuff, I got a lot of perks. The aircrews knew me. I got free drinks. The hertz girls told me not to bother with standing in line, just cut around the line. etc.

I know the (fixed seating) MDR waiters have some information about the passengers at their tables. One night a table mate was told by our waiter that she was the only 5* on board. I wouldn't be at all surprised if cabin stewards have some information too.

My BIL is a frequent Carnival cruiser. He's learned that in the staff area the picture (ID pic taken at check in) is posted of the passengers with a lot of days/cruises. He's always surprised when crew he's never met calls him by name.