Questions about Blue Flag Taxis/tours

Nightowl11

Is it easy to still get a blue flag taxi for 5-6 people if you depart the ship after all the masses? We dock at Kings Wharf on a Monday at 9am and want to wait until the lines dimish and then get off the ship around 10:30 am - 11am. Will there be blue flag taxis still waiting for a fare at the docks? If not, how would we be able to find one?

Also, we want to go to specific places and the tour companies I've contacted already are either full, fill up with additional riders so they are not private tours or they have their preset tours and don't want to be flexible. Any suggestions?

Is it easy to still get a blue flag taxi for 5-6 people if you depart the ship after all the masses? We dock at Kings Wharf on a Monday at 9am and want to wait until the lines dimish and then get off the ship around 10:30 am - 11am. Will there be blue flag taxis still waiting for a fare at the docks? If not, how would we be able to find one?

Also, we want to go to specific places and the tour companies I've contacted already are either full, fill up with additional riders so they are not private tours or they have their preset tours and don't want to be flexible. Any suggestions?

I share your question! I would love to pre book a private 1/2 tour for 3 people, but an unable to fine a company willing to take us. Hopefully someone can help..

I share your question! I would love to pre book a private 1/2 tour for 3 people, but an unable to fine a company willing to take us. Hopefully someone can help..

You should book a blue flag taxi in advance. While there may be someone available when you walk off the ship, there's no guarantee a qualified driver will be there and the drivers with the best reputations generally get booked up well in advance.

Read the thread "Bermuda private guide" for recommendations. You can find it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339 .

Because it's a long thread started years ago you should start at the back and read the most recent year or two of recommendations.

As njhorseman advises it is best to book in advance. If you want to wing it Blue Flag taxies would be found in Transporttion Zone 3. There are signs. As to whether they would be there, there could be no guarantee. I have seen them there between 9:00 and 9:30. But by 10:30 they might not be. They could either be out on tours or have decided to do non tour fares rather than waiting around that late for tours. I never left as late as you intend so I can't say for sure.

No way I would be stepping off the ship between 10:30 and 11:00 no matter what I was doing that day. That would be a waste of port time in Bermuda. Also the transportation is set up with the expectation that people are getting off early. From 9 to 9:30 would be when the most taxis, public buses, shuttles, mini buses are available.

Edited by Charles4515