Shore Excursions

Todd1977Tas

Hi All

ย 

We are booked on Voyager of the Seas Nov 8th - 19th South Pacific and a family of 7. Have a great tour booked in Lautoka with a guy named Ryan (recommended by heaps from this site) ... Have nothing in Suva as yet. We have two younger children 4 and 9 at time of the cruise. Struggling to work out what we can do with them as far as day trips go.

ย 

Loyalty Islands and Lifou are other ports and they mostly recommend snorkeling, well my youngest won't have any clue of how to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? We are first time cruisers so I want to make this perfect for my wife who I have had to convince that this is the best trip for us as a family.

ย 

If anyone has any other ideas/suggestions for me please feel free to post below on any topic as the more hints I get the better :) :)

ย 

Cheers everyone - Todd

If your kids don't snorkel, why are you going snorkeling? Get a guidebook on your ports...see what's interesting to ALL of you..then worry about how to book it!

ย 

I HATE snorkeling...the Pacific can be rough...and scary... if your kids aren't comfortable with it...why do it? There are MANY other things than snorkeling...read a guidebook!!! Libraries have them!

Edited by cb at sea

Hi Todd, I'm glad you found CC where there is a wealth of information on the subject. :)

ย 

I'm going to point you in the direction of a couple of other forums within CC.

ย 

First, your Roll Call which will be where some of the folks you are cruising with will be posting and you can ask questions and exchange ideas.

ย 

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285637

ย 

The second is the Pacific Island ports of call.

ย 

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

ย 

We have been to Suva but did not go on a tour. If you haven't already done so take a look at Trip Advisor for top things to do in Suva.

ย 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294337-Activities-Suva_Viti_Levu.html

Edited by SPacificbound