Silhoutte - Folklore performances SPB

We-R-Off

We are sailing on the Baltic Itinerary, Silhoutte in July. We overnight in SPB.

Does anyone know if Celebrity invite local entertainers to perform as part of their entertainment, when we overnight in SPB?

We can book an evening excursion to a Folklore performance, but after a full day touring, I'm not sure if we'll have the energy for it.

Recently on a Princess cruise to Hawaii, there was a great show performed by a local Hula Dance School. We had a great evening.

Obviously I cannot be sure what will happen on your cruise. Last summer in SPB (Silhouette) there were local performers brought in. The show was excellent. So good that we were glad that we stayed on board rather than spend $$ to go out to a show.

Hi. If they offer the same folklore show onboard that they had last year, stay on board. Unfortunately we took the folklore excursion last year and were VERY disappointed. It was mainly the Russian army choir singing and strutting with very little folk dancing etc.. There were many on the tour with us that were just as disillusioned as we were. We got back late and complained about the excursion along with other people at guest services. The next day we received a credit on our account for less than half the price of the excursion.

While watching the replay, from the previous nights folklore performance, we realized we should have stayed on board. The performance was amazing.

Thanks so very much for your replies.

Hopefully, they will use the same performers as your cruise or a troupe of the same high standard.

We did contemplate going to a Ballet, but, we're not particularly Ballet fans, although I'm sure it'd be beautiful.

We're more interested in Folk Dancing & Music. We've seen the Red Army Choir in the past & hoped that the ship would provide entertainment on the overnight evening.

I happen to mention this to an acquaintence today & she told me that their cruise company also brought on local performers.

Your replies have been very helpful & decision to stay OB has been made.

Thanks again.