Luggage Question

Scubagal1

Getting ready for our first river cruise. So excited! I have a question regarding luggage storage in the room. We have a French balcony stateroom and the square footage is 135 sq. ft. The information states luggage can be stored under the bed. I can't seem to locate any information on how tall that space is. I want to make sure our luggage fits as everything I have read states there is no where else to store bags. I have a hard sided spinner bag. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

We travel with BIG bags and they have easily fit under the beds. I don't know the exact measurements, but i'm talking BIG bags. The kind that would get an overweight charge for the normal 50 pound weight limit. (Except we fly Business so actually have 70 pounds and manage to stay under that.) If yours is bigger, there's usually a corner of the room behind a chair or something where you can store it. And if you look really helpless and tip your steward, I'll bet you he can find a space outside your cabin. This was done for us on Uniworld cruise in Russia - but don't tell anyone...

Viking Vilhjalm - Danube Waltz - May 2016

We're on the Vilhjalm Danube Waltz next April (actually a year from today :D) so I hope you come back and report about the cruise. We're so looking forward to it. Have fun next month!

We're on the Vilhjalm Danube Waltz next April (actually a year from today :D) so I hope you come back and report about the cruise. We're so looking forward to it. Have fun next month!

I will post about our trip, possibly while we are on it if the internet connection on the ship is decent.