MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

I have booked my hubby, very soon to be 14yr old (May 15th) son and I on our very first cruise. I choose the BREEZE and it will be for New Years Day 2017 out of Galveston.I have us going the day before and planning at staying at the Holiday Inn - On the beach ...

I am so excited I have been coming onto CC alot and saw your post the other day so have been reading and enjoying the pictures. Thankyou so much for doing this review and in great detail too. Makes me want to be on the ship NOW...LOL

Still got over 260 days to go...ugh!

BTW your daughter is a real cutie pie

Aww, thanks for the comments and glad you are enjoying it. Your 260 days will fly by and it will be here before you know it. How amazing it would be to be on the ship bringing in the New Year!! I'm jealous! :)

Your pictures are amazing. Just like being there!!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment. I appreciate it.

Following! Going on our first cruise in July. Parents are taking the entire family to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I've been researching like crazy!!

How exciting to be on your first cruise. Will it be on the Breeze or just in general? I hope the family enjoys their cruise and happy anniversary to your parents. What a great way to celebrate.

subscribing love your reviews we were on the breeze x2 had a cove balcony both times

Thanks for joining me. Aren't the cove balconies just wonderful? I just wish I would have had a better location.

Yikes! :eek: Well at least you're nearing the end of your course. Just curious what you are working toards

Yes, it's been a long course for sure. I'm so glad it's coming to an end and I completed my paper tonight. I'm working toward another Nursing degree (Bachelors).

Great review. We sailed on the Breeze last year and loved it!! So far, it is my favorite ship. Sailing on the Breakaway in June to Bermuda. Looking forward to that. Started reading your reviews on Bermuda. You do a great job!!!

The Breeze is great and you'll love the Breakaway. Bermuda is a WONDERFUL place to go to.

We were on the same cruise. My son is in the pool in the video.

I recall your door. We were on the 6th floor but spend a couple hours doing laundry on the 2nd. As for doing laundry - we were gone 18 nights/19 days as we also spent time in Orlando before and after the cruise.

Oh how cool to see your son in the video too. I hope you had a wonderful cruise! Oh yea, I would definitely need to be doing laundry if I was gone that long. We did a back to back (2 different ships) once and had to do our laundry in between as well. That's totally understandable.

I am so excited to read your review! We are sailing on the Breeze at the end of May, and your pictures are making it so hard to wait! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I read your previous ones while trying to narrow down excursions and loved them all. As a pretty novice cruiser, it is great to have someone to rely on for honest information!!:)

Hi and welcome. Thanks for your wonderful comments and hopefully the reviews and pictures will help you narrow down your research. I really appreciate your compliments. :)

Just an update for everyone. I was able to get my paper finished tonight and ready to submit. I just gotta get the confidence to hit the submit button, but at least it's done. It's been a LONG semester with this class (I mean so long that I have managed to squeeze in two cruises during this class :eek: :D).

I get a 3 week break after finishing this class before summer classes start back up. So, plenty of time to get this review done.

I will be back on the grind tomorrow and hopefully Saturday. Sakari's birthday is Sunday, so that will be a busy day for me.

Thanks to everyone who is being patient and sticking with me. :)

Aww, thanks for the comments and glad you are enjoying it. Your 260 days will fly by and it will be here before you know it. How amazing it would be to be on the ship bringing in the New Year!! I'm jealous! :)

Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I could not book a cruise to ring in the New Year as I could not get the evening of Dec 30th off (I am a Community Health Worker and work from 3pm - 11pm). We will be overnighting in Galveston for New Years Eve. Still it will be fun and exciting, sulking that Galveston doesnt do fireworks though....:(

Also thankyou for responding to each and everyone of us.

I will be back on the grind tomorrow and hopefully Saturday. Sakari's birthday is Sunday, so that will be a busy day for me.

No plans to sail the Breeze but would definitely consider it in the future, can't wait to see all there is for the kids to do. Loving this review, love all of your reviews!! Sakari and I have the same birthday. :):)

Hi Kim,

Great start on the review!

I cant remember all of the stops you had on this cruise. I know one was St Kitts. Was on Puerto Rico?

Anyway, not to hijack the thread but Im trying to finish up planning on my upcoming cruise. Do you have transportation info/costs for PR and St Kitts that you could pass along to me? Also food costs etc at Cockleshell Beach if you still went there (you had planned to at one point).

If you dont want to post here early I can give you contact info to email me.

Unfortunately I could not book a cruise to ring in the New Year as I could not get the evening of Dec 30th off (I am a Community Health Worker and work from 3pm - 11pm). We will be overnighting in Galveston for New Years Eve. Still it will be fun and exciting, sulking that Galveston doesnt do fireworks though....:(

Also thankyou for responding to each and everyone of us.

Aww sorry to hear that. But, you will still have a wonderful time! :)

No plans to sail the Breeze but would definitely consider it in the future, can't wait to see all there is for the kids to do. Loving this review, love all of your reviews!! Sakari and I have the same birthday. :):)

Definitely consider it. She's a beauty and a great ship. April 17th birthdays rule! :D

DECK 10

BEACH POOL AREA

P4021507%20copy-L.jpg

P3260203%20copy-L.jpg

P3260228%20copy-L.jpg

P3290591%20copy-L.jpg

I loved these little cabana's they had by the pool area on each side. Parents could sit there and watch the kids and still be in the shade and have water on their feet.

P3290644%20copy-L.jpg

D.J. booth above the pool area

P3290646%20copy-L.jpg

GUYS BURGERS!!!

P4021509%20copy-L.jpg

All of the different ways to get your burger. I have to say I tried several of them and they were all yummy. Last time, on the Dream, I didn't realize you could actually ask for one of these. I thought they were all just a cheeseburger and you just went over to the topping bar and put what you wanted on it.

P4021514%20copy-L.jpg

I always manage to find Ohio plates here

P4021510%20copy-L.jpg

P4021512%20copy-L.jpg

P4021511%20copy-L.jpg

P4021513%20copy-L.jpg

The Market Place

P4021452%20copy-L.jpg

Now I just have to take a moment and comment on this buffet area. It was AMAZING! Like I seriously LOVED the way they had this decorated and set up! It made you feel like you were at the beach with all the tables and umbrellas to eat under. They had trees everywhere and the decor I just loved. Every single time we walked into this area I commented to my husband how much I loved it. He agreed...it is probably the best buffet I have ever seen.

P3270355%20copy-L.jpg

P3270357%20copy-L.jpg

P3270359%20copy-L.jpg

P3270360%20copy-L.jpg

P3270362%20copy-L.jpg

P3270361%20copy-L.jpg

This area was along the side and it was like sitting under a cabana and so cool. It sat up real high with high chairs and a bench across the back. So cool.

P3270356%20copy-L.jpg

This when you sit at the bench. It faced the walkway for people between this area and the umbrella table area.

P3290640%20copy-L.jpg

I was fascinated by the roll of lights...lol

P3290641%20copy-L.jpg

P3290643%20copy-L.jpg

TIDES POOL in the aft

P3260204%20copy-L.jpg

We never did get to swim in this area. It was always super crowded and I believe the water was a little deeper in this area than the regular pool.

P3260205%20copy-L.jpg

Also, someone commented on the first day that the pool was already shut down because some child pooped in the pool and it had to be cleaned.

P3311259%20copy-L.jpg

I do know that we would also see it shut down two other times during the cruise and it being cleaned. Really? Are there that many people allowing their children in the pool (I would guess) with diapers? That's usually the scenario when this happens. Children that are not potty trained are not allowed in the pools...plain and simple. It's a health hazard, but people always break the rules.

P4021530%20copy-L.jpg

One floor up and overlooking the pool in the back were some really comfy chairs to hang out in.

P3311282%20copy-L.jpg

One side was smoking and the other side was not. I have to say that people are very rude and inconsiderate. They would come to the smoking area and lay down and take a nap there. Like seriously? I know the chairs are comfortable but smoking chairs are limited and if you need to take a nap, find another place!

P3311260%20copy-L.jpg

DECK 11

KIDS CLUB-CAMP OCEAN

This looked to be like a check in area, but they never used it. You just went off into the direction that your age group was in to sign in and out. What they did have in this area was a huge bucket that was full of "goodies" and when the children left each night, they would pick out a goodie.

P3270344%20copy-L.jpg

P3270330%20copy-L.jpg

I Sakari's age group, there were plenty of computers to play games on.

P3270327%20copy-L.jpg

P3270320%20copy-L.jpg

Now I will admit that Sakari sometimes plays games on my computer...but not often. However, she is more of a craft person and loves making things and drawing of course. They sure don't seem to do much of that in this age group (even on NCL) and I think this has started to become an issue with her. She would rather just sit around and draw while she's in there instead of playing a game on the computer. They did have other activities for them to do and theme nights of course. But just wanted to put this out there that this age group is just not working out too well for her on the ships.

P3270321%20copy-L.jpg

P3270332%20copy-L.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

Cucina del Capitano (Italian Restaurant)

P4021424%20copy-L.jpg

This area is located right above the buffet area and you can see the lights from down below. There's stairs on the side that lead up to it or if you are already on deck 11 there's a regular entrance.

P4021422%20copy-L.jpg

P4021423%20copy-L.jpg

P4021420%20copy-L.jpg

You can eat here for free for lunch on sea days. I hear the food is excellent! Yes, I said I "hear" because we never made it. During the hours they were open, we had either already ate, just ate breakfast, or came up minutes before they were closing. I was so sad.

P4021421%20copy-L.jpg

P4021419%20copy-L.jpg