Solo transfer question: FLL to POM

Victorious8

Greetings! I am doing a solo cruise this summer and I am looking for the cheapest way to get from FLL to the Port of Miami. I am flying in the day of (I am not worried because I have a direct overnight flight so if it is cancelled or delayed I will have plenty of time to figure out another option). My flight gets in just before 8:00am.

I am thinking Tri Rail will be a good option for me but I am having trouble figuring out if I can take it to somewhere closer to the Port or do I just take it to MIA? I am also good with taking public transportation for the entire trip. I am younger (27) and well traveled so I am not scared/nervous about taking public transportation. Is there a public transportation way to get from MIA to POM?

Thanks for any help or advice! I plan on renting a car when I disembark so I only need to worry about getting to the ship!

Tri rail to metro rail transfer station. Get on metro rail down to Miami. Then you could get off metro rail and transfer to metro mover and get off at Fredom tower. You will then be about 1 and half miles from cruise port.

Have you looked into a one way car rental? Alamo offers free shuttle from MIA right to the port. Usually the price for a rental from FLL to MIA is around $30. Very convienant and I must say it was excellent service the times we have taken it.

Actually I think I figured it out. I can take the Tri Rail from MIA, transfer at the "Tri Rail" station located here 1125 E 25 Street, Hialeah, FL 33013 and then it will drop me off at Historic Overtown / Lyric Theatre station. From there it should be just over a mile to the port and I'll probably grab an Uber or maybe explore a bit!

Tri rail to metro rail transfer station. Get on metro rail down to Miami. Then you could get off metro rail and transfer to metro mover and get off at Fredom tower. You will then be about 1 and half miles from cruise port.

Have you looked into a one way car rental? Alamo offers free shuttle from MIA right to the port. Usually the price for a rental from FLL to MIA is around $30. Very convienant and I must say it was excellent service the times we have taken it.

Or cheap, easy and convenient is a shuttle. $15 each way.

Ridesas dot com

Please do not mess around with Tri-rail to metro -- you'll spend 1-2 hours and $5+ in fares and still be a $12 cab ride from the port.

As suggested above, lots of shared shuttles run between FLL and POM - the ride takes about 45+ minutes and the fares start at about $15. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others often suggested on this board. The shuttles can also take you from POM back to FLL after your cruise.

Take Tri rail to the Miami International Airport Station.

Then Metro Rail to the Government Center station.

From there you can hop on Metro mover, bus, take a taxi or u.

The Overtown station normally has no taxis waiting, there is taxis there during events downtown like Heat games.

The Airport station has fewer stops on the way to the Government Center station.

Possibly faster than a shuttle due to all the stops that they have to make for other passengers.

I do this trip three or four times a month when I go toMiami for my monkey business.

Edited by fireofficer5

There is no TriRail station at FLL so you have to add time on the shuttle, about 15-20 minutes. So you'll be taking 4 rides by the time you get to the port, and it will take a few hours. If you add up the trirail+metromover+Uber, it will cost you less than $5 more to get a ride on the SAS shuttle without any transfers.