Craziest luggage tag questions

Hello-Kitty

HELP!!! lol You all know how hard it is to find your luggage on disembarkation, i once saw someone with the largest, brightest, yarn pom poms on there luggage, it was amazing you can see them a mile a way, yes they are quite an eye sore but it is sure handy!!! I wouldnt mind getting them but looked everywhere. Maybe this person grandmother got a bunch of yearn and darned them a tag, lol. But i need to find them. I thought if anyone knew it would be all you!!!

Anyone ever seen these???? Know where i can get them??

Thanks;)

Hummmm, you must have seen our luggage. LOL We have had ORANGE, Blue and Yellow and lime green pom poms in the past.

Very easy to make. Just wrap brightly colored yard around a piece of cardboard about a zillion times, tie it in the middle, leave long stings on the ties so you can tie it to your luggage, then trim them into a ball.

Never loose our luggage at disembarkation that way.

I've never mastered the pom-pom making so came up with another idea to help identify our luggage.

I used bright colors of fabric paint to paint large daisy flowers on the bottom and front of all of our suitcases. Bags are very easy to spot as they roll aroung the baggage conveyors at airports and we have found our suitcases are generally all sitting together in the baggage area when we disembark the ship.

I'm by no means an artist so my free-hand daisies really stand out in a crowd!:D

Dianne

We solved the problem when we bought new luggage...bought bright blue - not at all common and haven't had a problem since. Now...don't all of you buy bright blue luggage! We also enclose a full itinerary in the id tag section of luggage with a copy inside (just in case!)

But you actually need something 'on top' as the luggage is all stacked side by side when you disembark. Even different brightly colored ribbon tied to the handles of your luggage makes identifying them very easy in the mountains of luggage.

We have wrapped all of the handles of our luggage with strips of green, yellow and blue plastic tape. They look a bit like a rainbow and are all wrapped the same so they match. We started the tape wrapping years ago but added the painted daisies two years ago.

Personally, the wrapped handles and daisies work for us as we really don't want any more things hanging from our suitcases than necessary. With airport tags, ID tags and cabin tags to deal with - the painted flowers and bright tape on handles suits our needs.

Dianne

OMG you guys are terffic!!!!!!!! Great ideas!! i am going out today and getting the brightest yearn ever!!!!

I have always used the bright ribbon, but really so does everyone else, so it was still not as easy as i would like it to be.

AS far as the bright blue luggage,i saw it and that was a great move, i suggested the pink to my husband and he said if you think i am gonna carry pink luggage forget it!! lol

So i will try the pom poms.

Cant beleive all the responses this was great!!!!!!

Keep the ideas coming

thanks

AS far as the bright blue luggage,i saw it and that was a great move, i suggested the pink to my husband and he said if you think i am gonna carry pink luggage forget it!! lol

I purchased the most beautiful pink luggage and it's so pretty that I'm afraid to use it. Fear of ruining it. Now isn't that dumb. So here I am with this lovely new luggage that's too nice to use. I can just visualize the nicks, dents, scrapes and tears from the baggage handlers. :eek: :D

I attach brightly colored large nylon bath poufs to the top handles of our luggage. Found them at wal-mart for $1 or less and have seen smaller ones at the dollar store 3/$1. They have a loop attached and are easily attached to luggage handle. My DH is only slightly embarrassed claiming our luggage at the airport :D

Brightly colored pipe cleaners work for me ANd in addition bought several of those "award" strips from the dollar store...You know the ones...cloth, with sayings like "Over the Hill", Best dad", "The Greatest" etc...

Another suggestion... I bought very wide (4" or 5") black and yellow stripped ribbon which I knoted onto the handles of my luggage, leaving about 7" of ribbon trailing after I knotted it. For extra reinforcement, I then sewed the knot so it wouldn't untie. Those ribbons has been on our luggage for at least 10 years. And, we're always able to spot our black luggage easily anywhere. P.S... I bought extra ribbon just in case we bought an extra piece of luggage.

I attach brightly colored large nylon bath poufs to the top handles of our luggage. Found them at wal-mart for $1 or less and have seen smaller ones at the dollar store 3/$1. They have a loop attached and are easily attached to luggage handle. My DH is only slightly embarrassed claiming our luggage at the airport :D

What a great idea. That's what I will do. Thanks!:)

I also swear by the bath poufs. Buy the off colors when they are on sale, and put one on each handle (there may be multiple handles on the luggage). We occasionally lose one en transit, but, at a cheap price, it doesn't matter. It is actually cheaper than making pom poms (which I used to do, until I lost all of those in baggage carousels!).

This has saved us a LOT of fighting and irritation on that very sad disembarkation day when we're hunting down our luggage.

We also have bright orange ribbon on our luggage and I recently bought an iron on patch that looks like a flame. I ironed one on each of luggage. Haven't tried finding our luggage yet, but we'll see how it works this weekend!

The best luggage I've seen was a set last year that was navy blue with white polka dots! Can't lose that!

Beware.... we also bought large lime green leather luggage tags wiht our initials on them. We were one of the first to arrive at Fort Lauderdale and handed our luggage to the stevedores. When the suitcases got to our cabin both of these luggage tags were gone!!!!!!!!!!

I make and laminate 3 x 5 luggage tags for each cruise. One with our name, cell number on one side and a picture of the ship, room number and itinerary on the other and another with our names and cell in large letters on one side and our picture on the other..

Archived