Seward Luggage Storage Question

biojeep

After leaving the ship in Seward we would like to spend the day touring the area before going to Anchorage. Where can we store our luggage for the day if: (1) we take the evening train or (2) take the evening bus?

if you are a ticketed passenger you can check your bags early at the Seward depot:

https://www.alaskarailroad.com/travel-planning/when-traveling

Which bus? Park Connection or Seward Busline?

I don't think either one of them has an actual depot in Seward. You'll probably need to call them for that info.

(Park Connection picks up at Windsong Lodge and the Harbor ... at Windsong you can tip the desk staff to hold your luggage but you'll need a cab to get there).

After leaving the ship in Seward we would like to spend the day touring the area before going to Anchorage. Where can we store our luggage for the day if: (1) we take the evening train or (2) take the evening bus?

When I booked the evening train they told me luggage drop off didn't begin until 10 am. I also booked a 6-hour Resurrection Bay excursion through the RR while in Seward that day. We've taken back th the excursion and the RR Goldstar service before. Both are great.

I plan on calling the RR again in early May to recheck luggage drop off times. Worse comes to worse, we store our luggage with Major Marine (when we go on our excursion.

When I booked the evening train they told me luggage drop off didn't begin until 10 am. I also booked a 6-hour Resurrection Bay excursion through the RR while in Seward that day. We've taken back th the excursion and the RR Goldstar service before. Both are great.

I plan on calling the RR again in early May to recheck luggage drop off times. Worse comes to worse, we store our luggage with Major Marine (when we go on our excursion.

A 6 hour tour with one of the two major tour companies is not a "bay" tour. It's a Kenai Fjords park tour. Big difference just to be aware of with general posting. The bay tours, are very different.