Pacific Princess tender access

BrownPelican

On the PP, how does one get from the tender door on deck 3 down to the tender platform or tender? Is it via a sloping gangway or steps? My wife has difficulty with steps. If there are only a few, she is ok, but more than that....

On the PP, how does one get from the tender door on deck 3 down to the tender platform or tender? Is it via a sloping gangway or steps? My wife has difficulty with steps. If there are only a few, she is ok, but more than that....

Usually a short ramp because the tender pier moves more than the ship.

Definitely a flight of steps down from Deck 3. The larger ships have a very small elevator in the same area. Perhaps someone can speak to whether the Pacific Princess does too (I have to think it does, based on memories of passengers in wheelchairs going on the tenders).

Definitely a flight of steps down from Deck 3. The larger ships have a very small elevator in the same area. Perhaps someone can speak to whether the Pacific Princess does too (I have to think it does, based on memories of passengers in wheelchairs going on the tenders).

Now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing one of those lifts they use for cargo (and anything else) next to the stairs in that little passage down to the tender dock. (I could be imagining the whole thing, too. :))

On the PP there is a lift that can carry a wheelchair from deck 3 to the tender platform on deck 2, though I have never seen it used to carry a passenger. (I have probably been to a dozen tender ports on the PP and her sister ships.) The stairs between these two decks are narrow enough that one can easily hold onto the railing on both sides while descending or ascending. My wife has used these railing to pull herself up the stairs.

Getting from the tender platform into the tender may be less of a problem. The crew is all too willing to help. My wife has had bruises on her arms from aggressive assistance.

George

The stairs between these two decks are narrow enough that one can easily hold onto the railing on both sides while descending or ascending. My wife has used these railing to pull herself up the stairs.

I thought I remembered handrails on both sides of the Pacific Princess stairs to the tender platform. I thought about that when on the Emerald Princess which did not have handrails on both sides (so I sometimes had to shift what I was carrying to the opposite hand).