Dream cruise April 3-10th

cruisinmeme

Just returned from the dream today. This was CCL #14. Don't usually post too much afterwards but this was probably the best CCL ever (except for excitement of first cruise).

First off we have cruised carnival, norweign and Royal carribean. CCL has not been a favorite for awhile. Last CCL cruise was just over two years ago and 😛.

I was a little worried about some of the negative I had read about the dream. ( hot rooms, long lines,etc) but I will say it was all good for us. The embarkation went well (after one of the wedding parties got their act together and was able to board.) we had no lines for a noon meal. In fact lines was nowhere the whole cruise except for anytime dinning at opening time. They took care of that with making two lines and went fast. No lines at all getting off in port.

The food was the best we have had on CCL in forever. Same food as other ships but much much better. We did eat in dining room every night. Had room service for breakfast once, rest was in dining room. Lunch was a mixed bag of grill and deli, never even looked at buffet except for desserts. Speaking of, all very tasty.

We had a cabin on deck 10 right by exit to go to pool. That didn't last long. We woke up Monday morning to a flooded room. They sucked out water and we had a big fan to dry it up but it was not working. Each time the ship would shift more water. They offered us another cabin early on, but we was holding out hope of staying where we were. Finally Monday night I packed it all up and the room Stewart helped us move. We had a real peace of a room Stewart on deck 9 mid ship. He just brought us an ice chest rather than unload the mini frig. That worked better. I had ordered a case of water and it was COLD always.

Speaking of cold!! We like it cold and I had heard word it was hot on the dream. I brought a fan just to be safe and even brought a thermometer. I am here to tell you we stayed we stayed between 64-67. We did have cool weather in ports (key west and Bahamas ) so the AC does work. 😀

We got off the ship easier and more organized than any cruise in the past. I will compliment the girl that ran things up to a high standard. I was so pissed at our last cruise with CCL. The person let things go to hell and left the room.

It feels good to come home with a good feeling, not one of anger as what as happened in the past.

So now we wait!!! No cruise for us until November .😰

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your Dream cruise. We will be on the Dream next January, so I enjoy reading all the reviews I find. :) Good to know you didn't experience any problems with lines. Glad they were able to move you to another room, a flooded room wouldn't be fun. I wonder what they would have done for you had the ship been full.

Thanks for your review. The Dream is my favorite ship. # 3 booked on her later this year.

Also GREAT attitude dealing with the flooded room. I've seen others take the same situation a lot different. Kudos to you! [emoji4]

Thanks for your review. The Dream is my favorite ship. # 3 booked on her later this year.

Also GREAT attitude dealing with the flooded room. I've seen others take the same situation a lot different. Kudos to you! [emoji4]

Believe me I didn't want to pack up and move and unpack again in 24 hrs after getting on the ship. We tried to stay in our original room but they begged us to move saying we may have to have that big blower fan the whole time. So we knew we would just get aggravated with that. Was determined not to let that ruin the whole week. As luck would have it the week just got better.

Great attitude as it relates to the flooded room. For a lot of people it would have been Armageddon and nothing short of two free future cruises would have placated them. lol..glad to know you had an enjoyable cruise in spite of the initial bump in the road.

Just off this same cruise. Loved the ship, was apprehensive due to size, but never had to wait in long lines for anything, except the second sea-day at the Lanai BBQ (guess everyone finally figured out where it was, and that the food was delish) Our room was on deck 8 mid/aft and the temperature was constant and very pleasant. This had to be the easiest embark and debark of all 7 CCL cruises. Had FTTF and were onboard by 11:45am, and off at our post-cruise hotel by 8:30am, Food was very good in dining room, nothing special on Lido. Pasta Bella was a first for us and we loved the choices. I've never had lasagna like that before! Did the Behind the Fun tour and have a whole new appreciation for the ship's staff and what they do for their guests onboard. Not sure if I'm a fan of the deck 5 hot tubs being right under the balconies, had some noise issues a couple of days when a bunch of middle school aged kids with no adult supervision decided to have a party in the one directly under our balcony. It's been a while since I've heard such vulgar language coming from such young people, and mostly girls!! All in all, it was a very nice ship and we will probably sail her again sometime.

Just off this same cruise. Loved the ship, was apprehensive due to size, but never had to wait in long lines for anything, except the second sea-day at the Lanai BBQ (guess everyone finally figured out where it was, and that the food was delish) Our room was on deck 8 mid/aft and the temperature was constant and very pleasant. This had to be the easiest embark and debark of all 7 CCL cruises. Had FTTF and were onboard by 11:45am, and off at our post-cruise hotel by 8:30am, Food was very good in dining room, nothing special on Lido. Pasta Bella was a first for us and we loved the choices. I've never had lasagna like that before! Did the Behind the Fun tour and have a whole new appreciation for the ship's staff and what they do for their guests onboard. Not sure if I'm a fan of the deck 5 hot tubs being right under the balconies, had some noise issues a couple of days when a bunch of middle school aged kids with no adult supervision decided to have a party in the one directly under our balcony. It's been a while since I've heard such vulgar language coming from such young people, and mostly girls!! All in all, it was a very nice ship and we will probably sail her again sometime.

Glad your experience was good also.

I talked with a couple today that was on the same cruise and the man said he had done the survey and how bad of a score he gave the cruise. Guess it can be different for everyone. They really complained about debarkation. Guess it was who was in charge of your area. The lady doing our are was the best I have ever seen!!!!

We enjoyed the outdoor BBQ also. We only went Monday and got in line before it opened.

Towards the end of the cruise the kids started working on my nerves. It just floors me the way people let their little animals run wild. My dog behaves better than most of those kids. I know they paid a price and the kids can do as they please. I just managed to attempt to sleep through the hall running and banging at all hours of the night and wee hours of the morning.

This cruise had more positive than negative.

Glad you made the best of your cruise, great attitude. Did they find out where the water was coming from?

We was told a pipe busted in the wall. It started flooding in the hall (we saw the clean up and drying gear ) then we got up first morning to a flood. Heard one other room was effected.

Guess they do save a few rooms for problems like this.

I talked with a couple today that was on the same cruise and the man said he had done the survey and how bad of a score he gave the cruise. Guess it can be different for everyone. They really complained about debarkation. Guess it was who was in charge of your area. The lady doing our are was the best I have ever seen!!!!

We enjoyed the outdoor BBQ also. We only went Monday and got in line before it opened.

Towards the end of the cruise the kids started working on my nerves. It just floors me the way people let their little animals run wild. My dog behaves better than most of those kids. I know they paid a price and the kids can do as they please. I just managed to attempt to sleep through the hall running and banging at all hours of the night and wee hours of the morning.

This cruise had more positive than negative.[/quote

Yes, the lack of supervision was noticeable on this cruise. We had a group of 4boys in an interior across the hall from us. Parents were in balcony next to us(we only saw parents on embarkation day and last evening walking down hall to dinner). My husband had to get out of bed one evening and ask the boys to quiet down, they had their cabin door open and some young girls in their room, and the foul language and laughter were enough to wake the dead! Then after Nassau, one of the boys kept trying to blow his conch shell at all hours of the evening. Same kids left uneaten pizza crusts on the carpeting in front of their door(no plate, just on carpet) We did not let this hinder our enjoyment of the cruise, but will definitely try to book our next one when most of the kids have to be in school.

This cruise had more positive than negative.[/quote

Yes, the lack of supervision was noticeable on this cruise. We had a group of 4boys in an interior across the hall from us. Parents were in balcony next to us(we only saw parents on embarkation day and last evening walking down hall to dinner). My husband had to get out of bed one evening and ask the boys to quiet down, they had their cabin door open and some young girls in their room, and the foul language and laughter were enough to wake the dead! Then after Nassau, one of the boys kept trying to blow his conch shell at all hours of the evening. Same kids left uneaten pizza crusts on the carpeting in front of their door(no plate, just on carpet) We did not let this hinder our enjoyment of the cruise, but will definitely try to book our next one when most of the kids have to be in school.

We also try to cruise at a time when schools are not on break (usually late January). We have 14 and 15 year old daughters, and they are finally going with us in January 2017 on the Dream. They will be in our cabin and we will be making sure their behavior is acceptable (not that we are too worried about them, they're good kids). We were on the Dream for a 10-day Journeys cruise this January, and we had a blast. We liked the Dream enough to book it again. Unfortunately, it will still be without the 2.0 upgrades, as it goes into dry dock for the improvements one week after we debark. Still can't wait!!

THANKS for sharing the positive experience...we are booked in December and I was wondering if we made a mistake. I guess everybody's experience is different and a cruise is often what you make of it.... DW can't wait so we'll have a good time regardless.

Certainly enjoyed reading such a positive review!

We have been lucky that we have never experienced problems with children as seen on some posts. Though we do cruise when schools are in session. I have though, while embarking, seen a ton of them in a group and think, uh oh. Then I rarely see them again. Knock wood!

PS- Regarding the lasagna, spoken about. Did it have chunks of roast beef type meat in it? I had some like that. Wasn't bad, just different. Couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

Yes, it was like an Italian pot roast layered with noodles, spinach, sauce and some cheese. I'm Italian and have never had anything like it. I really enjoyed it because it was different and not loaded with cheese and the meat was so tender it cut with a fork.

• 2 weeks later...

We also try to cruise at a time when schools are not on break (usually late January). We have 14 and 15 year old daughters, and they are finally going with us in January 2017 on the Dream. They will be in our cabin and we will be making sure their behavior is acceptable (not that we are too worried about them, they're good kids). We were on the Dream for a 10-day Journeys cruise this January, and we had a blast. We liked the Dream enough to book it again. Unfortunately, it will still be without the 2.0 upgrades, as it goes into dry dock for the improvements one week after we debark. Still can't wait!!

What upgrades will it be getting? We are seriously considering a March 2017 cruise on Dream, Eastern Caribbean. It looks to me like Dream has a lot of upgrades already.