Dinner reservation confusion

taffy12

We have a party of five split between two bookings. I made reservations for six in some of the free dining rooms under my booking. Will this suffice for all of us or do the people on the other booking need to make a reservation too? And how does it work, that we made a reservation for six but only have five? Will we simply have an extra seat at our table?

We have a party of five split between two bookings. I made reservations for six in some of the free dining rooms under my booking. Will this suffice for all of us or do the people on the other booking need to make a reservation too? And how does it work, that we made a reservation for six but only have five? Will we simply have an extra seat at our table?

Tables are set up to accommodate round numbers, 2/4/6/8....If you have a reservation for 6, they will simply remove the extra place setting after you are seated. Not a problem.

You really don't need to make reservations in the dining room for a party of 5. We had 6 and ate at all different times and never waited. But if you want to make them, you don't need everyone to make a reservation, just one for all of you is enough. They scan one card at the host stand, doesn't matter whose, and they don't need to know who else ate or didn't ate.

I'm actually unclear as to why the main dining room needs to have a card scanned, since there is no cost. If you get drinks, those get scanned and signed separately. We always had allergy tickets on our orders, but handled those separately with the waiter and assistant maitre d.

I'm actually unclear as to why the main dining room needs to have a card scanned, since there is no cost. If you get drinks, those get scanned and signed separately. We always had allergy tickets on our orders, but handled those separately with the waiter and assistant maitre d.

I assume this is a management thing. They don't care where you as a person is eating, but want to know where and when passengers in general are dining.

Tables are set up to accommodate round numbers, 2/4/6/8....If you have a reservation for 6, they will simply remove the extra place setting after you are seated. Not a problem.

I assume that also means if I made a reservation for 6, and we actually have 7, they will add a chair? (The largest table size available was 6)

I assume that also means if I made a reservation for 6, and we actually have 7, they will add a chair? (The largest table size available was 6)

The wise move would be to book for 8, and then cancel one when you are on the ship.