My Islands Review

H20 Lover

Thanks again. I may ask to pick your brain again before this time next year, as additional questions come up. Thanks for your assistance. You can never tell about the weather here, although it has been gorgeous this week, for November!

There are 8 of us booked together for Hawaii, 6 of us met on Cruise Critic and it will be our 5th cruise together. 2 couples from N. Calif. and 1 couple from MA. They will have the really long trip, both directions.

8AM departure is not too bad, I have heard of some in previous years that were at O-dawn thirty, which is why the idea of an extra day in Ensenada came up, with our own transportation at a civilized hour.

We stopped by this resort, outside of Ensenada a few years ago, while it was under construction. I was actually impressed with the look of the pool and rooms, for Ensenada.:D

http://www.hotelesterobeach.com/index.html

Yvonne ~ HELLO THERE!! How are you?

I was on the same sailing as Yvonne, met her thru the CC M&M.

DH, DMIL and I didn't think the water was rough at all. It was chilly, DH was determined to get sun though, he layed out by the pool and I walked around on deck with my sweatshirt on! Do take jackets/sweatshirts.

We had to be ready for a 6:10 am departure. :eek: We ended up having to wait on deck 4 for 2 people that were at the wrong place so we didn't end up on the bus until 6:45 am. We were one of the one's Yvonne spoke of that had a long trip home!

JMHO ~ I'd post a question to see if other's have stayed over in Ensanada at that particular hotel.

I think it was about a 3 hr. ride with customs to San Diego for us. We were lucky not to be on one of the buses that broke down!

Have a great time!!

Thanks Ginny, for the information. We live in CA, and I have no real interest in a 6:10 AM departure from the cruise. We've beeen to Ensenada at least 5 times on cruises. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone on the cruise critic board, that has ever spent the night there, including us. I kind of doubt if there are any hotel opinions. It is just an idea we are kicking around. There is 1 CC member that volunteers at the Humane Society in Ensenada. And maybe someone has stayed down for the Baja 1000 race. I will check, if we decide to stay over :-)

Our friends from Mass. probably won't want to spend an extra night either.

Not rough, but chilly on deck. We will have to work on sun in the islands then. I am just trying to approximate a San Diego flight time, say 2-3 hours on the bus. It's 70 miles. Southwest check in. Probably 1 PM if we do leave the day of disembarkation. Thanks.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all...

sorry I haven't been on here in awhile.

First, I ended up in my guaranteed category H. We could have upgraded at the pier but felt at the time the money wasn't worth it....

Second, I thought it was pretty cold on deck during the day due to the wind. I couldn't lay out much at the time because it was so cold. If you were wearing more than a swimsuit you were fine, but even in the sun I was getting goose bumps laying out.... the solarium was nice and warm but not really good for tanning of course....

third, hi Yvonne and Ginny! :D Yvonne, I will email you later this week, but I think I may only be in Cali the second of the two weeks I had mentioned. I will let you know soon though. Are you guys available on the 13th or 14th for din-din?

Later!

WBC

Archived