FTTF question

golfb4cruzing

This trip I picked up this so we can go straight to cabin. Does this also help in debarking back in port? My wife is a notorious over packer and has to self debark. Which means we drag all this crap off at the end of the cruise. My question is, can we put our luggage out the night before, then be one of the first of because of FTTF and not have to fight all the junk she needs (that never gets used)?

Thanks

With FTTF you get an early debark number. It has been a while but I think the last time we used FTTF we had a debark number of 2. So self debark with all the stuff or wait a few minutes and let Carnival deal with multiple suitcases and exit with zone two.

If you self debark you cannot put your bags out the night before. Your bags will still come off the ship when ever your zone is called and they won't let you wait in the area where they unload the bags. At least this was the case in Baltimore.

Edited by mlrm

In answer to your question, yes! FTTF also bumped us up to group 2. We made the mistake of waiting instead of rushing down when they called group 2 and our luggage was waiting for us up in the front when we got down there . . .

getting through the crowd of later groups searching for their luggage and waiting to get out was a chore. Next time we will go as soon as we're called.

If you self debark you cannot put your bags out the night before. Your bags will still come off the ship when ever your zone is called and they won't let you wait in the area where they unload the bags. At least this was the case in Baltimore.

Correct but since I have the FTTF, put bags out, early number and save the hassle of 4 large suitcases. As opposed to just self debarking, fighting luggage, to save 10 minutes. How difficult to locate luggage in terminal??

Zone 2 is correct for FTTF assisted disembark. With self-disembark, they call it by deck. The big advantage of using self-disembark with FTTF is you are the very first group called to leave. That's very helpful for those worried about making an early flight.

Correct but since I have the FTTF, put bags out, early number and save the hassle of 4 large suitcases. As opposed to just self debarking, fighting luggage, to save 10 minutes. How difficult to locate luggage in terminal??

Yes, you will get an early number. You can put your luggage out and leave when your zone is called. Maybe I misunderstood you. In your original post you mentioned that your wife had to self-disembark.

Edited by mlrm

In January (Port Canaveral) we put our bags out the night before, got #2 (with FTTF), went down as soon as they called us, were in line with #1's and #2's. Got off the ship with 5 minutes, found our luggage and got in line. We were out of the terminal within 5 - 10 minutes of locating our luggage.

On our last cruise, we were zone 2 with FTTF, but there were so many that did self assist, it took about 1 1/2 hours before we were called. I think we will do self assist on our next cruise. We are also overpackers, but I am really going to try to do better. :D

In January (Port Canaveral) we put our bags out the night before, got #2 (with FTTF), went down as soon as they called us, were in line with #1's and #2's. Got off the ship with 5 minutes, found our luggage and got in line. We were out of the terminal within 5 - 10 minutes of locating our luggage.

Perfect. Thanks. Are the FTTF luggage in a special location or in the general mix?

Edited by golfb4cruzing

Perfect. Thanks. Are the FTTF luggage in a special location or in the general mix?

Our's was just in a big room in no particular order (as far as I could determine) but as I recall, it was in same room as other #2 debarkers

Edited by lizardhowson

FTTF luggage will be with all luggage of that zone number. So if you have Zone 2 all luggage FTTF and any other will be together. There are a lot of numbers and each will have its own area.

We were just on the Magic in March. We had FTTF and had received Zone 1 tags but we were doing self assist. We could see the luggage waiting for the people using the zones as we did self assist. Each zone was plainly marked. In Galveston they had a fenced area for each zone.

FTTF is new to us, so sorry for the silly question.

But do we only need to buy FTTF once for the cabin, or is it per person.

Hoping to book for next April 2017 out of SC. Considering the FTTF but travelling with husband & 2 daughters. If it is per person then I am not sure it is worth it.

Hoping to book for next April 2017 out of SC. Considering the FTTF but travelling with husband & 2 daughters. If it is per person then I am not sure it is worth it.

One per cabin, covers everyone in that cabin.

Purchase one FTTF for each cabin!

The FTTF bags should be among the first bags (along with Priority and Zone 1-2) to be loaded off the ship and into the Baggage claim area.

You don't necessarily have to get off the ship when they announce FTTF, but the good thing is once you get off the ship they should be going around in the luggage carousels, and you don't have to wait for them.

A lot of guest get upset because they get off the ship and their bags aren't in Baggage Claim area yet, that's why you need to listen to when they call your ZONE number and not your DECK number to get off the ship.

We had FTTF. Just got off the Liberty Saturday. We were zone 2 and were asked to meet the rest of the FTTF people in the dining room at 9am. We headed that way around 8:45 and they were already letting us go. Our luggage was waiting when we got into the terminal. It was very easy to locate and grab. Then went through customs. Customs probably took 5 minutes. We were done and in our truck at 9:30.

We had FTTF. Just got off the Liberty Saturday. We were zone 2 and were asked to meet the rest of the FTTF people in the dining room at 9am. We headed that way around 8:45 and they were already letting us go. Our luggage was waiting when we got into the terminal. It was very easy to locate and grab. Then went through customs. Customs probably took 5 minutes. We were done and in our truck at 9:30.

9:30?? That's late. We are used to 745 or 8 am with Princess. What time does self assist get off the ship?

9:30?? That's late. We are used to 745 or 8 am with Princess. What time does self assist get off the ship?

I thought the Conquest docked at 8:00 am? So to be through customs and in your car at 9:30 is good time.

I read information on fttf it looks to me you can purchase this once shore excursions for your cruise become available or can you get it sooner? Thanks

Correct, you purchase it via your excursions page - click on your departure port.

Note: FTTF usually sells out quickly, if you want it, buy it when you see it available - just 1 per cabin needed.