Single room

DRZ2

Did you book the new studio rooms. They are for a solo traveler. There might be a change of rooms if it is the new studio single rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Carnival have those now? I had thought they were only on NCL

We are planning a cruise in December. I've booked a room for me and hubby. This would be for my BIL who is currently single but hoping to possibly be dating someone by December lol.

Just call Carnival or your TA.

You can add someone since solo is more for 2 it will be cheaper.

Cheaper? It will be cheaper only if the new passenger pays that second fare. Other charge will be taxes and port fees added (for whomever is paying).

Don't wait too long to book the second person. Also, they will have to pay the price in effect at the time of booking, which can be much higher than the original person paid. The ship is capacity controlled, so even if there's an empty bed, the 3rd and 4th passengers in other cabins can eat up the capacity.

Roz

Don't wait too long to book the second person. Also, they will have to pay the price in effect at the time of booking, which can be much higher than the original person paid. The ship is capacity controlled, so even if there's an empty bed, the 3rd and 4th passengers in other cabins can eat up the capacity.

Roz

Agree that the ship being capacity controlled. However have added a person several times and was only charged the rate at the time of the original booking. Already paying double so just added the taxes for the second person.

Roz

No, the rate is from the original booking because a solo is required to book and pay for both beds in a cabin. The ship is capacity controlled indeed and possibly in the area of the booked cabin.If the lifeboat is full in that area a different area might need to be selected once a second passenger tries to get added.

Roz

You only have to worry about capacity during peak times. But yes that is a possibility.

As a frequent solo cruiser I can assure you you are locked in at the rate you paid as you are paying for 2 to begin with. You will NOT be repriced at the going rates. You can be charged a little more in port fees/taxes/gratuities if those happened to go up. I have done it myself so the info I'm giving you is correct.

I am not absolutely positive but I know for sure RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, NCL all have single solo rooms. I am not sure of Princess or Carnival.

No solo cabins on Carnival. I travel by myself all the time and have to pay double with the exception of a couple times when they were running specials. That seems to be a thing of the past.

Either way, no special rooms for singles.