Luggage Tags

Pee0305

Hi all, Looking forward to our forthcoming cruise aboard Oceana despite the negative reviews. It is what you make it and we plan to enjoy ourselves :D

Anyway, I saw a post on here some time ago regarding where plastic luggage tags can be purchased to slide the paper luggage labels in. Any idea anyone?

Well, I simply print the luggage tags onto A4 paper. I use a colour printer, which is not strictly necessary and print onto 100 gsm paper. I use the whole sheet folded up and glue it using pritt and laminate the entire folded tag with sellotape. Make it into a loop around a case handle put two on each case and they are strong enough to pick the case up by the label. To remove them at the end of the cruise you need scissors as they will not rip.

Regards John

Even those plastic ones are not totally reliable. On our Christmas cruise, one of our cases failed to turn up at the cabin. I went to reception where there were a number of cases that could not be delivered as labels had become detached. I found ours, and the plastic tether of the label holder had just ripped off during the loading process. I think using the plastic ones gave us a false sense of security and the ones that come with the cruise booklet are probably strong enough on their own.

Brian

We had an excursion booklet on our last cruise so we had the sturdy luggage labels in the back. However, I needed a couple extra so I just printed the ones off from the Cruise Personaliser onto ordinary duplicating paper. I then folded them as indicated and then covered it with cellotape. I then put one end over the other as shown through the handle of the case and stapled it several times. I had no bother with it - we went to the Caribbean and the labels I had done like this were still firmly fixed so much so that I had to cut them off for our return flight home.