Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

procter

Bonnie,

I understand from a review on another site that another Azamara USP i.e. the Orange squeezing machine at the smoothie bar has disappeared and that the juice is now made from concentrate.

Can you confirm if this is so/

Thanks

I was on Journey last month and can confirm that the juicing machine has definitely disappeared from the bar at the entrance to Windows. The orange juice served at breakfast certainly did not always taste like it used to i.e. freshly squeezed. I certainly suspected that on occassions I was being served concentrate. Yet another cut back I fear

we where also on the Journey and were told, that the machine is now "behind the scene".

You will get your orange juice, and in my opinion is freshly squeezed, at the window, where you got your eggs in the past.

Now they are preparing the smoothies and filling the juice into glasses.

We had a discussion about this with the FB Manager who said there was a part awaited for the machine which was broken. This was on our Panama Canal cruise 3 weeks ago. He said they were expecting the new part in Miami. He said he was looking forward to the machine being repaired as there was , to quote ' a hold full of oranges he couldn't use' !

Yes the machine is now behind the scenes, and freshly squeezed orange juice will be available from the window in Windows (if that makes sense!) once the machine has been repaired.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Are glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice and smoothies included in the drinks package or is there an additional charge for these. Looked all over the web site but can't find any reference to this at all.

All included - and delicious! Also love the little glasses of 'Energiser' at breakfast. The hit of ginger wakes you up!

Are glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice and smoothies included in the drinks package or is there an additional charge for these. Looked all over the web site but can't find any reference to this at all.

Included in your cruise fare. No need for any "package."

All included - and delicious! Also love the little glasses of 'Energiser' at breakfast. The hit of ginger wakes you up!

That's great, ginger is also a great anti emetic, although luckily we don't tend to get sea sick, at least haven't on larger ships, it will be an interesting comparison on board a smaller ship.