Do I need to bring my own beach towels?

mapsmom

Also, if for some reason you want to bring off more than one beach towel: you can sign out additional towels from the station on the Lido Deck (or Serenity) and bring them off with you. As long as you remember to return them back to the towel station, or else you'll be charged! I know some people like a second towel so they can use one to dry off with, and one to lay down on a beach chair (for example).

Yep and extras too if you wish. Just make sure you bring back the number you take ashore to avoid being charged for the towel. (And be mindful that nothing screams tourist quite so loudly as a cruise line beach towel:D.)

You can bring your Carnival towel ashore with you, no problem. We have taken to bringing our own though and the reason is mostly - portability. My husband and I have very large but very thin microfiber towels that take up less space than a roll of socks. We travel with carry on only, so its something we choose carefully.

When our kids cruise with us we have them each bring a thin pool towel (think 3.99 at walmart) because all of them fit in about the same beach bag space as 1-2 Carnival towels and are much easier to haul back even if wet. Those carnival towels are big and heavy especially once they get damp. We tend to do excursions that bring us out on the sea and the likelihood of towel loss is high, so that is another factor.

(And be mindful that nothing screams tourist quite so loudly as a cruise line beach towel:D.)

This! We bring one cheap beach towel each. So far havent left one yet but its different then the rest of the pack so saving seats we know where we are, and if we forget the towel its no biggie.