Panama cruise flight questions

Pendle Witch

We are looking at Coral Princess next April from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles. In a perfect world I would like to fly there and back from Manchester direct. Has anyone managed this?

And, also would we need to fly the day before and overnight in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise?

Would flying to Miami make this easier for direct flights?

We are looking at Coral Princess next April from Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles. In a perfect world I would like to fly there and back from Manchester direct. Has anyone managed this?

And, also would we need to fly the day before and overnight in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise?

Would flying to Miami make this easier for direct flights?

you definitley need to fly the day before - given the distance there's too many potentials for delay.

in terms of flights, direct to miami seems doable, but not from lax....maybe to london, but that's a long (12-13 hr) flight.

There used to be a budget airline that flew between Manchester and Orlando, Florida. Then it's only a very short flight to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't remember the name of the airline; but hopefully you can find it.

Ft. Lauderdale Airport is a five minute drive from Port Everglades. It is always easier to use Fort Lauderdale. Miami Airport is about 45 minutes away unless it is rush hour and the traffic is nasty. The idea of a direct flight to Miami is appealing, but the drive to the Port could be horrendous depending upon the day of the week and the time of day.

And it is always better to fly the day before so that an unexpected delay wouldn't cause you to miss your cruise!

Hope this info is helpful to you!

Thanks Goofy, I think it will definitely be the day before, just to be sure. Coming back I believe Thomas Cook are doing direct flights into Manchester next year, but I don't know if they will be daily, or we may have to book a hotel in Los Angeles for a day or two.

I am not a fan of running around airports changing planes, we have had enough close shaves.

Plus, when flying back, out of LA, would you fly across the US and then The Pond, or across the Pacific and then across Europe? I guess either way would entail a day or two layover in a hotel somewhere.