What deck

LaineyB40

Hi, I've booked Escape 17th September. Got mid ship balcony room on deck 13(13804). Called today to ask about other options as would like port side. Got offered:

Category BA - Deck 15 Portside (midship)

Balcony Cabin

Additional £72

Mini Suite with Balcony - Guarantee cabin (You wont know where your cabin is on the ship)

Additional £112

Category MA - Deck 15 Portside

Mini Suite with Balcony

Additional £428

All comments appreciated.

Hi, I've booked Escape 17th September. Got mid ship balcony room on deck 13(13804). Called today to ask about other options as would like port side. Got offered:

Balcony Cabin

Additional £72

Mini Suite with Balcony - Guarantee cabin (You wont know where your cabin is on the ship)

Additional £112

Mini Suite with Balcony

Additional £428

I have not been on NCL but do have a trip scheduled on May 7. I personally wouldn't do the mini-suite guarantee. We were put into a mini-suite when we booked a balcony guarantee. The only difference is a slightly larger bathroom. While nice, the bigger bathroom is not a huge difference to me.

I'm honestly not trying to be critical but I do not understand for the life of me why someone would only be looking at a port side / starboard side room. From my experience, it is completely up to the captain as to how the ship docks at a particular port. I can understand if you want to be near family or friends, but in general it doesn't make sense to me. Inquiring minds want to know :)

You say you specifically want portside, so I would think the guarantee isn't a good choice.

The only difference between a balcony and a mini suite, to my understanding, is that a mini suite is a little bigger and it has a bathtub in the bathroom. Someone correct me if I am wrong. How many people are you in your party?

I guess you would have to decide if the additional space (about 80 square feet if I am not mistaken) is worth 350 pounds.

Stay where you are.

We were on deck 13 and it was fine.

Also, it's crapshoot that the ship will dock either port or starboard side.

In Miami it's starboard.

13804 is starboard.

We wouldn't do deck 15 as it's under the pool deck - noise from deck loungers moving early in the morning by crew, or from the gym, or from the Garden Café.

Best to have cabin sandwiched by cabins.

Edited by bluesea777

Balcony Cabin

Additional £72

Additional £112

Mini Suite with Balcony

Additional £428

I got lost right at the beginning. If you wanted a Port Side cabin why did you book room 13804 in the first place? :confused:

I'm booked in a mini-suite, deck 13, starboard, in October. The NCL planner said our cabin was only slightly bigger (about 40 sf) and that our bath would be noticeably different in that it is larger than balcony room, has two sinks and a rain shower with several shower heads. We requested deck 13 as so many reviews talked of noise from above (or below, depending on location) and we wanted to be on a deck with cabins both above and below us.

Stay where you are.

We were on deck 13 and it was fine.

Also, it's crapshoot that the ship will dock either port or starboard side.

In Miami it's starboard.

13804 is starboard.

We wouldn't do deck 15 as it's under the pool deck - noise from deck loungers moving early in the morning by crew, or from the gym, or from the Garden Café.

Best to have cabin sandwiched by cabins.

Thanks for that. We're going to stay where we are.:)

I got lost right at the beginning. If you wanted a Port Side cabin why did you book room 13804 in the first place? :confused:

Hi SeaShark. I never actually booked the cruise, my husband booked it as a surprise for my 50th Birthday.:)

Hi SeaShark. I never actually booked the cruise, my husband booked it as a surprise for my 50th Birthday.:)

Oh...so someone else actually booked it. That makes sense.

No problem, though. Unless we're missing some information you should just be able to do a simple cancel/rebook to change rooms. People do it all the time.

Why don't you look at category M6--mini suite WITH LARGE BALCONY. We are also sailing on Sept 17 in a M6. I believe they are only available on deck 8 forward and perhaps deck 9. The balcony has 2 lounge chairs (for sunning) and a small table with 2 chairs. Much more room than a normal balcony for a small price increase. You will enjoy the extra balcony room (especially if you have guests or other people in your cabin).