What's your favorite ship?

This is such a subjective question.

I really like the design and amenities on the Breakaway Class ships. But the sheer number of people crowded into every venue tainted it for me.

I wish the Dawn class had kept the forward Spinnakers Lounge. Other than that, nice ships.

But my absolute favorite so far has to be the........SPIRIT

One no one thinks about is the old DREAM....Yes a small ship...But one that makes you think about the older ships... jus me jim

Dream was scary!!

One bad storm with 35' following seas I prayed the welds on her splice job would hold.

Twice the propellers came out of the water with a horrible shake and shudder I Never want to feel again. :eek:

Edited by biker@sea

Been on Sun, Sky, Pearl x 2, Jewel, Dawn x2 , Breakaway, Getaway x3, Escape x2 and by far the Getaway is my favorite. Had the best cruise on her of any cruises we've been (40) in February. Food was excellent, staff friendly, and they have the best band in Groove International - Love those guys!

My first is my favorite - still - Jewel [emoji3]

Then I think Dawn & Gem - pretty equal

DH loved the Spirit & so did I - but issues with some of the common areas & bathroom did not beat out the others for me.

There are still many we haven't tried & although we loved the BA we liked the smaller ships the best, Just our/my opinion[emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Been on Sun, Sky, Pearl x 2, Jewel, Dawn x2 , Breakaway, Getaway x3, Escape x2 and by far the Getaway is my favorite. Had the best cruise on her of any cruises we've been (40) in February. Food was excellent, staff friendly, and they have the best band in Groove International - Love those guys!

Good to hear!! 78 days! What did you love so much about her? Anything we shouldn't miss?

Trust me, I will bring some! I don't like anything except Diet Coke and water. I don't even drink coffee or tea. We can check them in? I thought we had to carry them on.

In Miami, just tape a luggage tag to them and give them to the porters with your luggage. You can do it with full cases of water as well. I love Diet Coke too!

Love the Jewel class ships! Great size and layout. I also love the Spirit but I prefer smaller ships. I did not care for the Getaway because of the public areas. I thought the pool area is very chopped up and I really miss having a lounge for shows. The atrium is not designed to host Newlywed/not-so Newlywed or Dancing with the NCL stars. I'm also not a fan of the Star because of the pool area and the relocation of the Spinnaker (but at least it has one!!)

My biggest issue is the layout of the pool deck. It is very closed off and compartmentalized. There isn't good traffic flow. It was improved a bit on the Escape, but it can't hold a candle to the pool deck on Epic, which has an entirely open layout.

That said, we loved the Getaway, and would sail her again in a heartbeat.

I totally agree with your comments on the Epic/Escape pool layouts. We have sailed both ships and that was one main concern when we booked Escape (just got back yesterday!) was the crappy pool layout. That being said, we had our kids with us so there really was no "relaxing by the pool" to be had. LOL. We were on the water slides a lot, which are totally awesome, and the one time I had some me time to lounge I went up high on a sundeck where there were less people and more quiet, so for me, the pool layout ended up not being that big of a deal. But I do like the look and the flow of the pool deck on the Epic much better than on the Escape.

However, our Escape family mini suite was so much nicer and larger than our Epic balcony cabin and the bathroom was heavenly. Loved the Waterfront area, as well. It was nice to be able to walk all the way around the ship on the outside for views and if you were lucky enough to eat out there that was a big plus.