Uh Oh! I'm in trouble...

IBRelaxin2

We just moved two weeks ago and this past weekend I got bored so I decided to see how far we now were from Port Canaveral, well... it's about 2 1/2 miles from us. Why am I in trouble you ask... well I've already called once to check on a same day sailing...lol. :D

This could be real bad for my budget and considering we moved to save $ for our wedding, which could also be just enough to pay for a nice weekend on CCL...lol.

DFiance' says "no way" that we already have a cruise in 54 days. Oh well.

Wish I could get my DH to go along with that. We live about 15 minutes from the San Diego pier, unfortunately we've already done a Mexico cruise and DH doesn't like to go to the same places. :(

We have our first balcony cruise coming up in December. I'm hoping that will change things. :D

Kimcruiser, Consider moving to the Orlando/Ocala area. You are only several hours away from Tampa, Jacksonivlle, Canaveral, ports. Five hours to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. We are lucky to have kids living in that area.

tef & hdawson

I had read about that 72 hour manifest rule on these boards, but I have booked with less than 72 hrs. One of my table mates on the same cruise booked just 8 hours before sailing. This was on the Conquest last month on the shortened 5 day cruise. Perhaps they (CCL) received some special permission, but I don't think that there is a hard & fast 72 hour rule.

I have a friend who's on the "last minute call" list, (don't know the name of it) but she gets calls from the cruiselines all the time for last minute deals. She's retired and she can pack a bag and be where ever to sail at a moments notice... *sigh* must be nice! She says Carnival and RCL and she named some others who do this... She told us she's paid as little as $100 to get on-board!!! WOW!

I have a friend who's on the "last minute call" list, (don't know the name of it) but she gets calls from the cruiselines all the time for last minute deals. She's retired and she can pack a bag and be where ever to sail at a moments notice... *sigh* must be nice! She says Carnival and RCL and she named some others who do this... She told us she's paid as little as $100 to get on-board!!! WOW!

That would have to be untrue. The port taxes are never discounted and would be more than $100. I remember right after September 11th you could get on four day cruises for $150 but the port charges were more than the cruise.

That would have to be untrue. The port taxes are never discounted and would be more than $100. I remember right after September 11th you could get on four day cruises for $150 but the port charges were more than the cruise.

I and DW have sailed several times last minute for $99.00 cruises to nowhere, no port charges. Usually after Hurrican disrupted normal cruises out of Galveston.

I and DW have sailed several times last minute for $99.00 cruises to nowhere, no port charges. Usually after Hurrican disrupted normal cruises out of Galveston.

Duh, smack on own forehead. Of course the cruises to nowhere have no port charges.:eek:

Archived