If you had a choice

HoosierBuddy

What itinerary would be best in mid to late July if you had the choice?

Mexican Rivera or eastern or southern Caribbean? We have done eastern and western Caribbean but not the others. We prefer Eastern over Western. Please take into account weather this time of year.

Southern Caribbean ... The Cape Verde portion of hurricane season does not usually kick in until mid-late August whereas the Gulf of Mexico peak season hits earlier (July -August) plus the southern Caribbean has the more reliable and constant trade winds that time of year which keeps things a bit more tolerable (temperature wise) with the breezes... Additionally, I personally prefer the southern islands ... IMO

Southern Caribbean ... The Cape Verde portion of hurricane season does not usually kick in until mid-late August whereas the Gulf of Mexico peak season hits earlier (July -August) plus the southern Caribbean has the more reliable and constant trade winds that time of year which keeps things a bit more tolerable (temperature wise) with the breezes... Additionally, I personally prefer the southern islands ... IMO

I agree 100%. And, if you book a Southern Caribbean cruise that sails out of Miami, you wouldn't have the hassle, or added air cost, of sailing out of San Juan.