How many carnival gift cards

july2012

Can someone verify that this will work? I'm already ticked off that I went and got these Cards, $800 worth and was then told I can't use them to purchase the Cheers program pre-cruise despite it not saying anything about this anywhere I can find. That was the whole goal. Once on the ship it goes up around 5 bucks per day per person.

Your PVP can "back out" your cruise payment, and replace it with gift cards. Worked for me! We paid for our whole cruise and gratuities with gift cards after we had already made some credit card payments. $2600 cruise for 4; saved $260.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can you use at one time to pay online or by calling a carnival rep.

I was told 3 at a time.

My friend has been buying carnival gf from giant eagle to pay for her cheers program, so she is planning to buy 8 in $50 and then call into Carnival and add the cheers program and pay for it.

The cheers has to be paid in full when you add it, so if the 3 gf at a time is true, then she will not be able to do this the way she is planning?

I called carnival and was told by carnival rep 3 gift cards at a time (someone else told me this another traveler)

My friend who is buying them called and was told she can use as many as she has.

Looking for input here

I just used 27 $100 cards yesterday to pay off our Mediterranean cruise. I called my PVP. She said she just has to refresh after each 5. We did it all in just a few minutes.

Nope. Just went into my friend's reservation. Placed both those things in the cart and the only option to pay is with a Credit Card.

Oh, and there are quite a few people on here that have tried to buy the Cheers Package discounted ahead of time and are bummed that they can't be paid for with GC. Especially when you can get the GC discounted as well. Even the Reps tell them no when they call in.

I either got lucky or something changed. I just went back to look at the receipt and I did use a gift card. I wonder why they won't let you use a gift card? Seems kinda silly.

• 2 weeks later...
Your PVP can "back out" your cruise payment, and replace it with gift cards. Worked for me! We paid for our whole cruise and gratuities with gift cards after we had already made some credit card payments. $2600 cruise for 4; saved $260.

Thank you very much, I'll give it a shot!

I'm assuming you can use a gift card for FTTF, right?

I bought a $60 gift card just for that purpose.

Also, is there any logistical reason why we can't prepay for Cheers with gift cards? Especially since we can use gift cards for everything else? Maybe something state law forbidding using gift cards for alcohol.

Edited by LadyBeBop

I'm assuming you can use a gift card for FTTF, right?

I bought a $60 gift card just for that purpose.

Also, is there any logistical reason why we can't prepay for Cheers with gift cards? Especially since we can use gift cards for everything else? Maybe something state law forbidding using gift cards for alcohol.

Most, if not all, US states ban the use of gift cards for the purchase of alcohol.

Most, if not all, US states ban the use of gift cards for the purchase of alcohol.

OK, looks like my thinking may be correct. However, I often pay for dining with gift cards. And we've bought wine and mixed drinks. So yes, I'm confused.