Sending out laundry but not drying it?

nator555

Is this possible? I don't like my clothes to shrink and won't mind hanging up a few things around the room to let them dry. I can hand wash some stuff but sunscreen is difficult to get off and my 7 year old is a messy eater lol

Hi,

The ships have self service laundry facilities you can use so you don't have to do it "by hand". I would just wash a load and take back to room and hang it up to dry. In the shower there is usually a cloths line you can use to hang the cloths on. In my experience, it seems to take an extremely long time for it to dry in the cabin.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Burtie

I gotcha. Thanks for answering. I will bring my tide packets and will probably have to resort to using a nail brush lol

We have been using their laundry for quite some time and have generally not had a problem with shrinkage.

Than again DW will not send out her more expensive items.:)

DH and I are both platinum, so we can get a bunch of things washed at no additional cost if we want.

I have sent his old khaki shorts, socks, and underwear. Plus some old tshirts that he wears while swimming at the beach.

Anything else that needs washing goes to the self service washing machine.

I am a peculiar size, so when I find clothing that looks decent and fits I don't throw it in hot water and a hot dryer.

My sister put a pair of her jeans in my almost empty laundry bag.

I advised her against it.

She could never wear them again.

I kind of wish I could trade my laundry bags for some washining machine credits.

The drying line in the shower is only good for swimsuits. Other things never dry in the bathroom.

I have a couple of magnetic hooks (and spare command strips just in case) and run a line across the room near the ceiling close to the windows. Airflow is better there, and light stuff dries overnight.

Just remember to take it down, or someone might walk into it.

I gotcha. Thanks for answering. I will bring my tide packets and will probably have to resort to using a nail brush lol

Some stores have small bottles of Spray & Wash stain remover. It works well with the Tide pods. I pack an extra baggy to put the Spray & Wash in so it doesn't leak out during travel. Don't hang anything from the sprinklers on the ceiling as it will set them off! :eek:

Edited by elliair

One item that might help is the "Octopus". It is a plastic hanger, about 6" folded and opens to 8 "arms" with two clothespins on each. We've hung it in the bathroom and in the cabin-----giving us the ability to dry 8 items at a time in a small space. Ikea sells it for around $6.

26446742985_2e88a96dce.jpg

I'm getting one of those - thanks so much for the info [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a couple of magnetic hooks (and spare command strips just in case) and run a line across the room near the ceiling close to the windows. Airflow is better there, and light stuff dries overnight.

I also take magnetic hooks but I include skirt hangers so I don't need a line. Works great for bathing suits (his as well as hers). I have also used the washing machine in the laundry room to wash but not dry three bathing suit cover ups. They dried easily overnight. The hooks (I take 3) work very well to keep wet bathing suits, hats, and a small backpack with snorkeling gear out of the closet and off the desktop and floor.

Is this possible? I don't like my clothes to shrink and won't mind hanging up a few things around the room to let them dry. I can hand wash some stuff but sunscreen is difficult to get off and my 7 year old is a messy eater lol

Don't think that is possible.

I have had 3 balcony's and have always hung stuff outside on my chairs. I bring clips to hold them. Have never had anything brought in before. Also my brother in law is a runner and his wife forbids him to hang his sweaty stuff in the bathroom. He also hangs his stuff outside lucky us.