Credit request at Carnival

ROBREQ

Due to death in family on 4/14/16 we are unable to cruise. Our booking for Fantasy, 3 days, departure today. Who should I write to request a credit for future sailing? I am thinking of someone up in ranks at Carnival. Thamks

Due to death in family on 4/14/16 we are unable to cruise. Our booking for Fantasy, 3 days, departure today. Who should I write to request a credit for future sailing? I am thinking of someone up in ranks at Carnival. Thamks

it sounds like you don't have insurance. I am not sure who to contact (I am sure someone here will) but I will say that you should go into this expecting nothing and grateful for anything.

good luck and my condolences to you and your family

First off my condolences on your loss. There is an email address I am sure, but I can't seem to find it. My suggestion would be to contact John Heald on FB directly and either he or one of his Followers will be able to point you in the right direction.

As I understand it, without insurance I think you only get port fees and some other small amounts back, but not a full refund or even a future cruise credit.

I hope that info helps in any way.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Customer service is what exists to fill the gap between policy and real-life situations and encourages brand-loyalty and repeat business. I would call and ask to see if they can help.

Exactly - it can't hurt to ask!

Why would you waste peoples time and money asking for something you know you're not entitled to?

Why would you or I continue spending our hard earned money to purchase travel insurance if the cruise line is just going to let it slide?

There is a difference between Empathy and Sympathy

See number 6 here:

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

Sorry to hear about your death in the family.

Have you called at all? The ship is currently boarding now, right?

Why would you waste peoples time and money asking for something you know you're not entitled to?

Why would you or I continue spending our hard earned money to purchase travel insurance if the cruise line is just going to let it slide?

There is a difference between Empathy and Sympathy

Because they do....on occasion....make accommodations. Never a refund to my knowledge - but they have issued future cruise credit so it worth at least inquiring, IMO.

Just call customer service. Last year I got a full credit from United and refund from Hotwire, both an non-cancellable reservations, due to a death in the family. I had to fax them a copy of the death certificate and got everything back within 2 weeks.

You might not be entitles to it, but companies do it for the good PR. If they give you a refund they have a happy customer for life, if they dont, they will probably never see you again.

I am very sorry for your loss. Please ignore some of the insensitive posts.

While I know what the policy is, I also know that sometimes, they will issue a credit for a future credit... they did it for me when I had something very unexpected medical issue prevent me from cruising... I had no insurance, was younger and didn't see the need.. I do get it now. But that aside, call Carnival guest services... or better yet email them... I don't remember the email address... am at work... but will post it later for you... please don't respond to the negative posts... it only makes it get worse... most of the time.. you will not get those kind of responses. I am sure I will get responses too, but will ignore them. This is about you, your loss, and Carnival may help you with this...

So very sorry for your loss...

I am very sorry for your loss. Please ignore some of the insensitive posts.

While I know what the policy is, I also know that sometimes, they will issue a credit for a future credit... they did it for me when I had something very unexpected medical issue prevent me from cruising... I had no insurance, was younger and didn't see the need.. I do get it now. But that aside, call Carnival guest services... or better yet email them... I don't remember the email address... am at work... but will post it later for you... please don't respond to the negative posts... it only makes it get worse... most of the time.. you will not get those kind of responses. I am sure I will get responses too, but will ignore them. This is about you, your loss, and Carnival may help you with this...

So very sorry for your loss...

nicely said, appropriate and informative. also I offer my condolences to the original poster

yikes, some harsh comments here! I think we can be a little bit nicer the way things are phrased when someone has experienced a loss, and is just asking for some advice

I'm with you on this. I'm sure they are lost and confused. I last thing they need is some smart replys

For those who think some answers were abrupt, I think the tone was set with this post. Why come here and matter of factly ask for an address for credit to a future cruise without calling sooner to Carnival? How much could be accomplished with e mails while the ship was currently loading? Was the family member even a close member? The person is not a first time cruiser, so must have had some idea about cancelling and having insurance.

It's so funny to see the misplaced anger when these posts come up. There are so many wanna be cruise credit police on here.

Carnival controls if the person gets a future cruise credit or not. If you don't like those without insurance getting cruise credit, then get mad at Carnival. They control the system.

And this is a much better place to come to for relevant and accurate information than calling the 1800# at Carnival.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

For those who think some answers were abrupt, I think the tone was set with this post. Why come here and matter of factly ask for an address for credit to a future cruise without calling sooner to Carnival? How much could be accomplished with e mails while the ship was currently loading? Was the family member even a close member? The person is not a first time cruiser, so must have had some idea about cancelling and having insurance.

Are you serious with this? What business is it of yours how close the family member was and what relevance is it to the question they asked?

What happened to this being a place for fellow cruisers to share their love and knowledge of cruising with others?

It's so funny to see the misplaced anger when these posts come up. There are so many wanna be cruise credit police on here.

Carnival controls if the person gets a future cruise credit or not. If you don't like those without insurance getting cruise credit, then get mad at Carnival. They control the system.

And this is a much better place to come to for relevant and accurate information than calling the 1800# at Carnival.

First, OP sorry for the loss.

I don't see the posts asking why OP thinks they should get their money back as being misplaced anger. I see it as an honest question of why would they even consider calling and trying to get a refund when there are those of us that spend our hard earned money to buy trip insurance.

I find those saying that it is okay go ahead and call and get your money back to be in the wrong.

It states in the policy that they are not entitled to anything. I think those stating that they are not entitled to anything are stating the truth instead of acting like most of today's society, thinking that they are entitled to special privileges and that Carnival should break the rules.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Sorry to hear of your loss, OP. I also apologize on behalf of all the absolutely perfect people here who have never made a mistake, or have never lost anyone suddenly. Must feel great.

I, for one, hope you get at least a future cruise credit provided you have the right documentation.

The cruise contract also states that passengers are not entitled to any compensation if ports skipped, ship having issues, early cruise termination, cancelled cruises etc... Yet most here will ask for such compensation and/or assistance when unexpected circumstances arise.

I see nothing wrong with the OP calling customer service (as well nothing wrong with them posting the question here in hopes that someone here might be able to get them contact info) to see if they can switch dates (they were not asking for their money back). I will say, it is in CCLs interest to have them cruise and spend money onboard (cruise fare barely covers the operational costs) and as another posted stated, in certain circumstances they have been known to accommodate changes and it does a lot to build brand loyalty.

Compassion is a virtue that some here really need to work on. The OP is dealing with a family death and scrambling to organized and process things, let's not forget that, it would be the least each person here would expect.